2005-04-16 00:59:42

by Bruno Abinader

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Baseband Packets

Hello guys, now that I know that bluez supports all types of packets,
i'm just wondering if it changes the packet type according to the
sender/receiver devices supported packets info, and if it does, if it
automatically selects the best packet type according to the
enviroment, like in a file transfer, for example, according to the BER
or other error factors. (e.g: DH5 when BER < 10^(-5), or DM1 when BER
> 10^(-2)). Thanks!
--=20
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader
GVoIP - INdT/UFAM

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Baseband Packets

Hi Anderson,

> I understand your arguments. But is It possible to interact with the
> LM by software? I mean, send PDUs ... Probably you have faced many
> many problems in order to build Bluez, and probably you have gained a
> huge experience and even you dont intend to implement it you have an
> idea of how i could start of doing it for academic porposes. Any help
> would be very welcome.

it is not possible to interact directly with the link manager. The only
way is over HCI.

Regards

Marcel

by Anderson Rodrigues

Marcel,

I understand your arguments. But is It possible to interact with the
LM by software? I mean, send PDUs ... Probably you have faced many
many problems in order to build Bluez, and probably you have gained a
huge experience and even you dont intend to implement it you have an
idea of how i could start of doing it for academic porposes. Any help
would be very welcome.

all the best,

On 4/18/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Anderson,
>=20
> > The spec says that: "Quality measurements in the receiver of one
> > device can be used to dynamically control the packet type transmitted
> > from the remote device for optimization of the data throughput."
> >
> > The question is, is it done automatically or not? May we assume that
> > LM is smart enough to measure the RF channel and based on it changes
> > automatically the packet type ?
>=20
> the link manager should be smart enough, but choosing the right packet
> type is a science by itself.
>=20
> > If not, is there any point in bluez that we can talk with LM?
>=20
> We can only limit available packet types, but this makes no sense at all
> and should never be done.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
>=20
>=20

--=20
Anderson Clayton B. Rodrigues
Eng. de Software
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Anderson,

> The spec says that: "Quality measurements in the receiver of one
> device can be used to dynamically control the packet type transmitted
> from the remote device for optimization of the data throughput."
>
> The question is, is it done automatically or not? May we assume that
> LM is smart enough to measure the RF channel and based on it changes
> automatically the packet type ?

the link manager should be smart enough, but choosing the right packet
type is a science by itself.

> If not, is there any point in bluez that we can talk with LM?

We can only limit available packet types, but this makes no sense at all
and should never be done.

Regards

Marcel

by Anderson Rodrigues

Hi,

The spec says that: "Quality measurements in the receiver of one
device can be used to dynamically control the packet type transmitted
from the remote device for optimization of the data throughput."

The question is, is it done automatically or not? May we assume that
LM is smart enough to measure the RF channel and based on it changes
automatically the packet type ?

If not, is there any point in bluez that we can talk with LM?

Regards,