2007-08-28 05:11:48

by Brad Midgley

Subject: [Bluez-devel] freepulse results

Hey

I have been playing with Claudio's freepulse set with the a2dp service
from utils head. The set uses a broadcom chipset and runs bt2.0+edr.
I've been using a bt1.2 adapter but that shouldn't matter.

I do hear very subtle pops coming out of the set, several times per
second, but only during quiet music. When I was experimenting with the
old HP a2dp-only set over a year ago, it would pop like this during
overruns (underruns were a jarring *crack* sound). Maybe these are
caused by the data coming across too quickly.

This set doesn't have complete avrcp controls. It has a sort of "mute"
button but I don't see any messages from the audio service so I don't
think it is actually trying to pause the stream via avrcp or even a2dp
messages.

This set has a much improved latency. I can watch video without any
sync correction.

Brad