2007-10-23 23:35:19

by Michael Frey

Subject: [Bluez-devel] GUI for Bluetooth headsets..

Is there any plan for creating a UI for discovering and pairing a
bluetooth headset?

Something that adds the pcm entry in the asoundrc file.

Thanks,
Michael

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] GUI for Bluetooth headsets..

Hi Michael,

> It would be more fitting to have the gui talk to the audio service
> with dbus to set up headsets. The stuff in asoundrc is a convenience
> for doing it manually.
>
> The wiki has examples of the python code that is needed here. We could
> mock something up in python as a proof of concept. I suspect that
> ultimately audio service ui would be glued into the bluetooth applet.

the usage of the D-Bus interface for the audio service is the real
approach for this. You can configure as many headsets as you want and
then switch the default one. The ALSA plugin and the GStreamer plugin
will both pick the default one if not told to use a different one.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Michael

It would be more fitting to have the gui talk to the audio service
with dbus to set up headsets. The stuff in asoundrc is a convenience
for doing it manually.

The wiki has examples of the python code that is needed here. We could
mock something up in python as a proof of concept. I suspect that
ultimately audio service ui would be glued into the bluetooth applet.

Brad