2007-11-09 15:20:19

by Nils Faerber

Subject: [Bluez-devel] i.Tech Clip S38 - MP3 streaming?

Hi!
I have one of those "i.Tech Clip S38" laying quite uselessly on my desk...
I think besides the standard A2DP it also supports direct MP3 playback.

But I have no idea how this is supposed to work.
Is this also part of A2DP but with a different codec?
Could that make the use of this stereo headset adaptor a little easier
with some more quality?

Ideas how to enable it are welcome ;)

Cheers
nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48 Fax: +49-271-771091-19

by Nils Faerber

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] i.Tech Clip S38 - MP3 streaming?

Brad Midgley schrieb:
> Nils
Hi Brad!

>> I have one of those "i.Tech Clip S38" laying quite uselessly on my desk...
> I have a similar r35. mp3 is a different codec that you choose when
> negotiating the connection. I made the old a2play detect the codec but
> never did try to use it.

Ah, cool, that's what I thought...

> The right approach is to work with the gstreamer plugins inside
> bluez-utils so the codec negotiation happens the gst way. This way an
> mp3 stream would naturally choose the mp3 decoder as the optimal
> selection.

Uh, OK ;)
Yeah, nothing comes for free, so I will have to look into this.

Many thanks for your hints/advice!

Cheers
nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48 Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen Mob: +49-176-21024535

by Brad Midgley

Nils