2008-01-27 03:24:18

by Brad Midgley

Subject: [Bluez-devel] gstreamer regressions

Hey

I was giving some new sbc optimizations a rundown in mono, 4, 8
subbands and thought I had found a codec problem when I started
getting bad static... I compared several cvs versions and I believe
these are happening outside the codec.

I wrote it up in the wiki (http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/SBC) but
basically, using gstreamer to play mono and 4 subband audio stopped
working after 3.22.

--
Brad

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] gstreamer regressions

Hey

This isn't really a problem in the gstreamer plugin at all. It
appeared with a gstreamer change in cvs but that was linked to
changing a default encoding parameter. The real issue is our decoder
is overflowing for higher bitpool values. It shows up sooner for 4
subbands and/or mono.

The encoder seems to all be fine but I'll need help straightening this
out. There's no way we can get decent regression testing if our
decoder falls apart.