2007-03-16 06:26:14

by Meenakshi Seeballack

Subject: [Bluez-users] HELP with Input Manager Hierarchy, BlueZ D-Bus API!!!

Hello,

No one has come back to me on the devel and user mailing lists.

I am trying to use the BlueZ D-Bus API and have come across
http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/Input which states that "The Bluetooth Input
daemon provides an interface to access Bluetooth Human Interface Devices.
The Manager interface provides methods to list, create and remove input
devices objects. The Device interface provides methods to retrieve device
information, connect and disconnect"

I am trying to develop for the Nokia 770 - the idea is to use the PDA as a
mouse to control another bluetooth-enabled PC.

Code-wise:
- establish a bluetooth connection (via dbus?) I am unsure of how to use
dbus to establish a bluetooth connection.
- sending data (the mouse movements), via packets?, via HID Profile? Once I
get at this point I believe I do not need to worry about the other end
receiving the information since the other PC would have the bluetooth
connection established and would reflect the data sent.

Would someone please HELP???

Thanks and regards,

Meena

Attachments: