2007-03-31 08:11:07

by Meenakshi Seeballack

Subject: [Bluez-devel] BlueZ API, HID profile, socket programming

hello all,
I am developing for the Nokia 770 - the idea is to use the PDA as a mouse to
control another bluetooth-enabled PC.
At this point I have opened a socket via L2CAP (Logical Link Control and
Adaptation Protocol). How do I test if the socket is working?
I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to linux,C and socket
programming :(
Thanks in advance for the help
Meena

Attachments:
(No filename) (388.00 B)
(No filename) (413.00 B)
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Meenakshi,

> I am developing for the Nokia 770 - the idea is to use the PDA as a
> mouse to
> control another bluetooth-enabled PC.
> At this point I have opened a socket via L2CAP (Logical Link Control
> and
> Adaptation Protocol). How do I test if the socket is working?
> I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I am new to linux,C and
> socket
> programming :(

you have to implement the HID device part (not provided by BlueZ at the
moment). So you have to have two listen sockets on PSM 17 and 19 and you
need the appropriate SDP service record that contains the HID descriptor
and other HID related settings. Check the HID specification for more
details.

Regards

Marcel