2006-07-04 18:09:45

by Victor Andres

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Serial comunication RFCOMM

Can anyone say me how can I develop this kind of APP (a software that let my
conect more than 7 devices to my PC using SPP profile, and using more than 1
usb-bluetooth, if it's necesary)? Do I have to use bluez Rfcomm library
(ansi C)? Dbus? Actually a know what's dbus, but I don't know how can I
program using it.

I have test windows vista beta 2 to try conect 2 usb-bluetooth and it's
failed (it look that this isn't going to be updates by the newer windows
version ... microsxxxx).

Thanks!

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Claudio,

> sorry. Just fixing a wrong answer. I read the question quickly without
> pay attention exactly what you asked :-) According with the spec you
> can have up to 7 ACL connections. Between two BT devices, the RFCOMM
> protocol supports up to 60 simultaneous connections , I never tested
> and probably linux should have a limitation. I guess Marcel can answer
> this better.

there are no limitations. Except that it is 30 in one and 30 in the
other direction for RFCOMM. For L2CAP you can even do more connections
as long as the kernel has memory to store them.

Regards

Marcel

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi Victor,

sorry. Just fixing a wrong answer. I read the question quickly without
pay attention exactly what you asked :-) According with the spec you
can have up to 7 ACL connections. Between two BT devices, the RFCOMM
protocol supports up to 60 simultaneous connections , I never tested
and probably linux should have a limitation. I guess Marcel can answer
this better.

Br,
Claudio.