2008-06-11 22:02:57

by Valerio Valerio

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Listen a already open socket by the OS

Hi,

I'm a GSoC student working with Bluez, but for other org.
I need to listen a already open socket by the OS, but when a try to
overwrite (bind) I get a "already in use error", exist any function or
alternative to just listen the socket ?
I want to listen the HID channels (psm 17 and 19).

Thanks in advance.

Val?rio Val?rio

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

Attachments:
(No filename) (374.00 B)
(No filename) (485.00 B)
(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Valerio Valerio

Hi,

2008/6/13 Luiz Augusto von Dentz <[email protected]>:

> I supposed you are the OpenMoko student in charge of remote control.

Yap you are right :)

> You better join #bluez @ freenode to stay tunned about bluetooth and
> BlueZ, now about HID channels, we already are listen them in hcid, so
> you don't need to worry if you are running hcid for the server part.
> The tricky part is the client side, when the device act as a
> mouse/keyboard, Im afraid there is no library to assist you with HID
> protocol and I think you cannot connect in such psm without being root
> either. If Im correct about those points then I think it is better to
> code the missing HID support inside bluez-utils.

Yes the psm 17 (control channel) require root, because is one of the
reserved psm, my previous problem is that I had the hidd server running in
the client side, if I disable it I can listen the sockets that I need
without problems.

If one of the BlueZ developer with knowledge of HID, give some orientation
for a while, maybe I can do some code that can be useful for other
developers and integrated in the bluez-utils.

Best regards,

--
Val?rio Val?rio

http://www.valeriovalerio.org

> --
> Luiz Augusto von Dentz
> Engenheiro de Computa??o

(No filename) (1.65 kB)
(No filename) (2.56 kB)
(No filename) (247.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Luiz Augusto von Dentz

I supposed you are the OpenMoko student in charge of remote control.
You better join #bluez @ freenode to stay tunned about bluetooth and
BlueZ, now about HID channels, we already are listen them in hcid, so
you don't need to worry if you are running hcid for the server part.
The tricky part is the client side, when the device act as a
mouse/keyboard, Im afraid there is no library to assist you with HID
protocol and I think you cannot connect in such psm without being root
either. If Im correct about those points then I think it is better to
code the missing HID support inside bluez-utils.

-- =

Luiz Augusto von Dentz
Engenheiro de Computa=E7=E3o