2005-03-29 23:07:11

by Albert Huang

Subject: [Bluez-devel] does flush_to in l2cap setsockopt currently do anything?

Hi all,

I was poking through the sources while trying to find an easy way to
set the ACL automatic flush timeout with an l2cap socket.

Does setsockopt(s, SOL_L2CAP, L2CAP_OPTIONS, ...) cause the underlying
ACL automatic flush timeout to change? It doesn't look like flush_to
is being used in net/bluetooth/l2cap.c:setsockopt

Is there an easier way of doing it short of extracting the underlying
ACL connection handle and then sending an HCI
Write_Automatic_Flush_Timeout command packet to a separate HCI socket?

Regards,
Albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Albert,

> I was poking through the sources while trying to find an easy way to
> set the ACL automatic flush timeout with an l2cap socket.
>
> Does setsockopt(s, SOL_L2CAP, L2CAP_OPTIONS, ...) cause the underlying
> ACL automatic flush timeout to change? It doesn't look like flush_to
> is being used in net/bluetooth/l2cap.c:setsockopt

it is doing nothing at the moment.

> Is there an easier way of doing it short of extracting the underlying
> ACL connection handle and then sending an HCI
> Write_Automatic_Flush_Timeout command packet to a separate HCI socket?

May you wanna look at the cmd_info() part of hcitool.c.

Regards

Marcel