2005-05-23 05:44:51

by Albert Huang

Subject: [Bluez-devel] some documentation for bluez

Hi all,

I've noticed that a fairly common question being asked around here is
"where is the API documentation?", and the answer is usually something
along the lines of "see the examples, then write some yourself". I've
written up a document that explains some of the basics, and may be
helpful for novice bluez developers.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/pubs/ashuang-sm-thesis-2005.pdf

These are the parts that I think bluez programmers might care about

chapter 2 is a high level overview of bluetooth programming. No code.
chapter 3 is an introduction to developing applications in PyBluez
chapter 4 is an introduction to developing applications in bluez

Since it has an academic slant, it's nowhere near complete, and puts
heavy emphasis on some things that may seem insignificant. If there's
interest, though, I'd consider expanding chapter 4 into something to
point beginner developers to. Corrections and comments are also
welcome, as I am quite aware that I am by no means an expert at this
yet.

Regards,
Albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] some documentation for bluez

Hi Albert,

> Since it has an academic slant, it's nowhere near complete, and puts
> heavy emphasis on some things that may seem insignificant. If there's
> interest, though, I'd consider expanding chapter 4 into something to
> point beginner developers to. Corrections and comments are also
> welcome, as I am quite aware that I am by no means an expert at this
> yet.

go ahead with a BlueZ developer documentation. I like it. If there are
problems I can fill in the missing parts.

Regards

Marcel

by gao.yingbin

Sorry, I can not get the document.
the ie6 brower display: "This is not the server you are looking for."

信息安全声明:本邮件包含信息归ZTE所有,
ZTE对该邮件拥有所有权利。请接收者注意
保密,未经发件人书面许可,不得向任何第
三方组织和个人透露本邮件所含信息的全部
或部分。以上声明仅适用于工作邮件。
Information Security Notice:
The information contained in this mail is
solely property of ZTE Corporation.
This mail communication is confidential.
Recipients named above are obligated to
maintain secrecy and are not permitted to
disclose the contents of this communication
to others.