2005-08-25 19:08:38

by Albert Huang

Subject: [Bluez-devel] An Introduction to Bluetooth programming in GNU/Linux

Hi all,

I've gotten some encouraging feedback, and put up an HTML version of
the documentation I wrote a few months back.

http://csail.mit.edu/~albert/bluez-intro

It was a good excuse to learn DocBook XML (very cool), and it's my
hope that beginning BlueZ programmers will find this a good starting
point. As always, comments and corrections are welcome.

-albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Picky about coding style

Hi Josh,

> While reading up on the Linux kernel coding style to satisfy patch
> requirements, I came the kernel scripts/Lindent script:
>
> mercury:/usr/src/linux/scripts $ cat Lindent
> #!/bin/sh
> indent -kr -i8 -ts8 -sob -l80 -ss -ncs "$@"
> mercury:/usr/src/linux/scripts $
>
> Is it safe to use this script to satisfy formatting requirements for
> patch submissions for BlueZ?

if you do it once, then yes, but in general you should use the correct
coding style from the start. Check Greg's OLS talk for details.

Regards

Marcel

by Joshua Wright

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Picky about coding style

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Albert,

> I've gotten some encouraging feedback, and put up an HTML version of
> the documentation I wrote a few months back.
>
> http://csail.mit.edu/~albert/bluez-intro
>
> It was a good excuse to learn DocBook XML (very cool), and it's my
> hope that beginning BlueZ programmers will find this a good starting
> point. As always, comments and corrections are welcome.

I really like it, but I think we need to redo the example code. You know
that I am very picky about coding style ;)

However what do think about maintaining this guide inside the BlueZ CVS?
If you have a Sourceforge account I can set this up and if you like you
can start writing more documentation.

Regards

Marcel