2006-04-07 18:40:13

by Renan

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Device temporary discoverable

Hello Everyone !

How to make a device temporary discoverable under Linux?
I would like to make a device discoverable just for 1 minute, for
example.

Thanks in advance.

Renan Martins

2006-04-10 12:02:48

by Claudio Takahasi

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] Device temporary discoverable

Hi Renan,

Now, there is D-Bus method available.
Try:

dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/Adapter/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetDiscoverableTimeout
uint32:60000

Setting to discoverable mode: Discoverable and connectable
dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/Adapter/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable

*** After x seconds the daemon is automatically sends the HCI command
to change the discoverable mode to connectable only. If you want
change to other mode again try the following commands:

Setting to discoverable mode: Connectable only
dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/Adapter/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:connectable

Setting to discoverable mode: invible/off
dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/Adapter/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:off

For more information about BlueZ D-Bus API read the documentation:
hcid/dbus-api.txt

Regards,
Claudio.
Claudio Takahasi
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

On 4/7/06, Albert Huang <[email protected]> wrote:
> see hciconfig
>
> -albert
>

> On 4/7/06, Renan <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > Hello Everyone !
> >

> > How to make a device temporary discoverable under Linux?
> >
> > I would like to make a device discoverable just for 1 minute, for examp=
le.

> > Thanks in advance.
> >

> > Renan Martins

by Albert Huang

see hciconfig

-albert

On 4/7/06, Renan <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello Everyone !
>

> How to make a device temporary discoverable under Linux?
>
> I would like to make a device discoverable just for 1 minute, for example.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Renan Martins

Attachments:
(No filename) (294.00 B)