2007-04-18 20:05:17

by Choi Sonim

Subject: [Bluez-devel] bluez-util: dbus for embedded

Hi !

Has anyone had any success with compiling dbus (and thus bluez-util) to an
embedded system (ARM in particular) ?

thanks alot
choi

Attachments:
(No filename) (137.00 B)
(No filename) (220.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Rahul Tank

Subject: Re: [Bluez-devel] bluez-util: dbus for embedded

On 4/19/07, Choi Sonim <[email protected]> wrote:

> really ???
>
> can you please tell me the methods you followed ? (i don't care about
> text books,
> all i want is bluez-utils-3.9 working in embedded)
>
> did you manage to cross compile dbus and its dependencies ?
>
> please tell all your steps...
>
> Thank YOU !!
> choi

I had used scratchbox to get the things compiled for an ARM environment
and that did work for me.
Hope this helps.

regards,
rahul

Attachments:
(No filename) (473.00 B)
(No filename) (837.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by siddhant tewari

hi,
i exactly dont remember the steps ... what i would suggest is u proceed
normally and whenever u get stuck , i will try my best to resolve the
issues.

Few points which are good if u follow :-

a) Install everything need for th arm platform in a separate directory e.g.
/usr/arm/
b) set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to director /usr/arm/lib/pkg-config ( or a similar
directory ) so that write path are given by pkg-config.

regards
siddhant

On 4/19/07, Choi Sonim <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> On 4/19/07, siddhant tewari <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On 4/19/07, Choi Sonim <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Has anyone had any success with compiling dbus (and thus bluez-util)
> to an
> > > embedded system (ARM in particular) ?
>
> > What are the problems that u r facing. May be the method i followed
> is not a
> > text book one but the binaries i got finally run successfully on the arm
> board.
>
> really ???
>
> can you please tell me the methods you followed ? (i don't care about
> text books,
> all i want is bluez-utils-3.9 working in embedded)
>
> did you manage to cross compile dbus and its dependencies ?
>
> please tell all your steps...
>
> Thank YOU !!
> choi
>

> > regards
> > siddhant
> >

> > > thanks alot
> > > choi

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.25 kB)
(No filename) (1.76 kB)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Choi Sonim

Hello

On 4/19/07, siddhant tewari <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Choi Sonim <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Has anyone had any success with compiling dbus (and thus bluez-util) to an
> > embedded system (ARM in particular) ?

> What are the problems that u r facing. May be the method i followed is not a
> text book one but the binaries i got finally run successfully on the arm board.

really ???

can you please tell me the methods you followed ? (i don't care about
text books,
all i want is bluez-utils-3.9 working in embedded)

did you manage to cross compile dbus and its dependencies ?

please tell all your steps...

Thank YOU !!
choi

> regards