2005-03-14 15:43:14

by andreas knuth

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Re: Initial support for the BPA 100/105 sniffers

Marcel Holtmann <marcel <at> holtmann.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I just committed the first version of the bpasniff utility to the
> hcidump repository in the CVS. Do anyone here still have one of the
> Digianswer/Tektronix BPA 100/105 Bluetooth protocol analyzers?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Hello Marcel,

I have one for testing (more sniffing) the telematic devices coming from our
suppliers.
Up to now we are using it with windows. But now we will have a deeper look to
your support for the BPA105 :-)

We plan to switch to kernel 2.6.10 with your patches within the next two weeks.

By the way, it's nice to have bluez for testing ...

Regards
Andreas

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andreas,

> I have one for testing (more sniffing) the telematic devices coming from our
> suppliers.
> Up to now we are using it with windows. But now we will have a deeper look to
> your support for the BPA105 :-)

I never thought that these sniffers are still in use. I would be great
to increase the Linux support for them. However be aware of that the
current code is not able to sniff encrypted traffic. I also still don't
have any idea how to differ between traffic from the master and the
slaves.

> We plan to switch to kernel 2.6.10 with your patches within the next two weeks.

It seems that people are really beginning to love the 2.6.10 kernel, but
personally I would see them to use 2.6.11.x.

> By the way, it's nice to have bluez for testing ...

me, too :)

Regards

Marcel