2008-08-22 02:41:55

by Jui-Hao Chiang

Subject: [Bluez-devel] Problem automatic flush timeout

Hi,
Is there a way to simulate unreliable L2CAP socket in a client-server scenario?
(two PCs, each with single adapter; client sends 48 bytes packet to server every
1 second)
After establishing a L2CAP between two adapters, I tried to set the "automatic
flush timeout" on the client adapter with timeout to be 2. The hci_send_req is
successful, but after 7 to 8 seconds, the server adapter stops to receive any
data while client socket is still sending data. If I set it timeout to 4, then
everything is fine.

What I am imagining is "some data on client adapter may be flushed, but the
later packet should continue to be sent to server adapter".
Am I doing something wrong?

// build a command packet to send to the bluetooth microcontroller
cmd_param.handle = connection_handle;
cmd_param.flush_timeout = htobs(timeout);
rq.ogf = OGF_HOST_CTL;
rq.ocf = 0x28;
rq.cparam = &cmd_param;
rq.clen = sizeof(cmd_param);
rq.rparam = &cmd_response;
rq.rlen = sizeof(cmd_response);
rq.event = EVT_CMD_COMPLETE;

// send the command and wait for the response
err = hci_send_req( dd, &rq, 0 );
if( err ) goto cleanup;