2004-11-02 10:55:37

by Peter K. Martin

Subject: [Bluez-users] dund

Hi all,
I need additional help to establish a connection from my Toshiba to an
accesspoint. The AP supports LAP via DUN but needs a password for the
connection.

I'm able to find the AP

Linux-Notebook:~ # hcitool scan

Scanning ...

00:0B:CE:00:01:8F Bluetooth-Modul

but I'm not able to connect via dund

Linux-Notebook:~ # dund --connect 00:0B:CE:00:01:8F

there is no response. lsmod gives me

Linux-Notebook:~ # lsmod

bluetooth 45796 8 l2cap,hci_vhci,hci_uart,hci_usb

and sdptool browse gives the response, that the access is rejected.

What can I do to connect to the AP?
I would be happy to get help on this question.

Thanks
Peter

2004-11-02 11:25:03

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] dund

Hi Peter,

> I need additional help to establish a connection from my Toshiba to an
> accesspoint. The AP supports LAP via DUN but needs a password for the
> connection.
>
> I'm able to find the AP
>

> Linux-Notebook:~ # hcitool scan
>
> Scanning ...
>
> 00:0B:CE:00:01:8F Bluetooth-Modul
>

> but I'm not able to connect via dund
>

> Linux-Notebook:~ # dund --connect 00:0B:CE:00:01:8F
>

> there is no response. lsmod gives me

take a look at the syslog.

> and sdptool browse gives the response, that the access is rejected.
>
> What can I do to connect to the AP?

Run "hcidump -X" as root see why it fails. Is the hcid running?

Regards

Marcel