2006-06-20 04:32:19

by Sumeet VERMA

Subject: [Bluez-users] dbus-glib problem

Hi

I have downloaded bluez-utils-3.1 and bluez-libs-3.1 and I am trying to build them.

I get the following error when I run ./configure for bluez-utils -

[I have no name!@del32tpt bluez-utils-3.1]$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
checking for BLUEZ... yes
checking for DBUS... Package dbus-glib-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dbus-glib-1.pc'
No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
configure: error: dbus-glib > 0.35 is required

There seem to be some dependencies. I have tried installing dbus-0.61 and glib-2.8.6 but it does not work. Please tell me what packages to install to remove these dependencies and send me a link also if possible.

Thanks,

Sumeet

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] dbus-glib problem

Hi Sumeet,

> Could you tell me what change did you make to remove the dbus-glib check. I
> can make the same change on my side as I am unable to access CVS from my
> machine.

look at acinclude.m4 and replace "dbus-glib" with "dbus".

Regards

Marcel

by Sumeet VERMA

Hi Marcel
Could you tell me what change did you make to remove the dbus-glib check. I
can make the same change on my side as I am unable to access CVS from my
machine.

Thanks for your kind help.

Best Regards,

Sumeet

> >> checking for DBUS... Package dbus-glib-1 was not found in the
> >> pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
> >> containing `dbus-glib-1.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
> >> variable No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
> >> configure: error: dbus-glib > 0.35 is required
> >>
> >> There seem to be some dependencies. I have tried installing
> >> dbus-0.61 and glib-2.8.6 but it does not work. Please tell me what
> >> packages to install to remove these dependencies and send me a link
> >> also if possible.
> >
> > we don't require the dbus-glib bindings. No idea why it is looking
> > for them. This seems like a bug in D-Bus package. What kind
> > distribution is this?
>
> I had the same problem on my ubuntu. You have to install
> dbus-glib-dev.
> The configure script is looking for the include files but apparently
> does not seems to say it.

oops. This is my mistake. I accidentally put in a check for dbus-glib, but
this is not needed at all. We only use the low-level D-Bus API. I fixed that
in the CVS now.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> >> checking for BLUEZ... yes
> >> checking for DBUS... Package dbus-glib-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> >> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dbus-glib-1.pc'
> >> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> >> No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
> >> configure: error: dbus-glib > 0.35 is required
> >>
> >> There seem to be some dependencies. I have tried installing dbus-0.61 and glib-2.8.6 but it does not work. Please tell me what packages to install to remove these dependencies and send me a link also if possible.
> >
> > we don't require the dbus-glib bindings. No idea why it is looking for
> > them. This seems like a bug in D-Bus package. What kind distribution is
> > this?
>
> I had the same problem on my ubuntu. You have to install dbus-glib-dev.
> The configure script is looking for the include files but apparently
> does not seems to say it.

oops. This is my mistake. I accidentally put in a check for dbus-glib,
but this is not needed at all. We only use the low-level D-Bus API. I
fixed that in the CVS now.

Regards

Marcel

by Zhares

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

>> checking for BLUEZ... yes
>> checking for DBUS... Package dbus-glib-1 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `dbus-glib-1.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'dbus-glib-1' found
>> configure: error: dbus-glib > 0.35 is required
>>
>> There seem to be some dependencies. I have tried installing dbus-0.61 and glib-2.8.6 but it does not work. Please tell me what packages to install to remove these dependencies and send me a link also if possible.
>
> we don't require the dbus-glib bindings. No idea why it is looking for
> them. This seems like a bug in D-Bus package. What kind distribution is
> this?

Hi!

--

Zhares

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Sumeet,

> I think the problem is with the kernel version. I am using 2.4 while the
> package bluez-utils-3.1 seems to work with 2.6. Is this true?
>
> If yes.. then is there any way I can make bluez latest package work with
> Linux kernelversion 2.4.

no. The kernel version has nothing to do with it. This is a wrong
pkg-config file from your D-Bus package.

Regards

Marcel

by Sumeet VERMA

Hi Marcel