2004-01-28 06:58:28

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Subject: [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Hello everybody

I'm actually a nb with linux, but I have to develop an application with =
some
audio bluetooth transmission. Actually I have a SuSE 9.0 distribution.
Marcel (Holtmann) said that I have to patch my kernel, but his patch =
doesn't
work with the SuSE kernel source. And I don't know how to do it easily
without having to configure all my computer.

Please, can somebody help me or give me a hint?
Thanks

Jerome

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Download latest vanilla kernel from http://www.kernel.org and patch it with Marcel=
s=20
mh patch and recompile it.
Vendor's kernels are not supported.

Michal

Dne st 28. ledna 2004 07:58 J=E9r=F4me Stadelmann napsal(a):
> Hello everybody
>
> I'm actually a nb with linux, but I have to develop an application with
> some audio bluetooth transmission. Actually I have a SuSE 9.0 distributio=
n.
> Marcel (Holtmann) said that I have to patch my kernel, but his patch
> doesn't work with the SuSE kernel source. And I don't know how to do it
> easily without having to configure all my computer.
>
> Please, can somebody help me or give me a hint?
> Thanks
>
> Jerome

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jerome,

> I'm actually a nb with linux, but I have to develop an application with some
> audio bluetooth transmission. Actually I have a SuSE 9.0 distribution.
> Marcel (Holtmann) said that I have to patch my kernel, but his patch doesn't
> work with the SuSE kernel source. And I don't know how to do it easily
> without having to configure all my computer.

SuSE uses its on kernel and I can't tell you if the needed patches are
included or not. You must install a vanilla kernel.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: RE : RE : RE : [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Hi Jerome,

> > This is correct, but I never checked that it also works with 2.6.
>
> So you think it's better for me to use an older kernel ?

I don't know, because I haven't yet played with SCO and 2.6.

Regards

Marcel

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Subject: RE : RE : RE : [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Hi Marcel,

> you have to enable CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB_SCO, but this can cause crashes at
> unplug on UHCI host adapters.

It's already done...

> This is correct, but I never checked that it also works with 2.6.

So you think it's better for me to use an older kernel ?

Regards

Jerome

2004-02-02 16:26:34

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jerome,

> > what kernel are you talking about 2.4.21 or 2.6.1? For the 2.4.21 you need
> at least -mh4.
>
> Sorry :) It's the 2.6.1-mh3

you have to enable CONFIG_BT_HCIUSB_SCO, but this can cause crashes at
unplug on UHCI host adapters.

> > What does "hciconfig hci0 revision" say? You need a SCO over HCI mapping
> and I never tested this stuff on a 2.6 kernel.
>
> It gives me SCO mapping : HCI

This is correct, but I never checked that it also works with 2.6.

Regards

Marcel

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Subject: RE : RE : [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Hi Marcel,

> what kernel are you talking about 2.4.21 or 2.6.1? For the 2.4.21 you =
need
at least -mh4.

Sorry :) It's the 2.6.1-mh3

> What does "hciconfig hci0 revision" say? You need a SCO over HCI =
mapping
and I never tested this stuff on a 2.6 kernel.

It gives me SCO mapping : HCI

PS. I've just seen that I have some problems with mpg123 (can't open
/dev/dsp) and maybe that's the reason.

Regards,

Jerome

2004-02-02 15:13:20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jerome,

> I just install the new 2.6.21 kernel and updated it with your patch (mh3 I
> think) but the problem is the same.

what kernel are you talking about 2.4.21 or 2.6.1? For the 2.4.21 you
need at least -mh4.

> I can establish a contact with hsplay or hstest and I can hear some noise in
> the headset, but nothing like the mp3 file I am sending to it.

What does "hciconfig hci0 revision" say? You need a SCO over HCI mapping
and I never tested this stuff on a 2.6 kernel.

Regards

Marcel

by Jérôme Stadelmann

Hi Marcel

I just install the new 2.6.21 kernel and updated it with your patch (mh3 =
think) but the problem is the same.
I can establish a contact with hsplay or hstest and I can hear some =
noise in
the headset, but nothing like the mp3 file I am sending to it.

Regards,

Jerome

[mailto:[email protected]] De la part de Marcel
Holtmann
Envoy=E9=A0: vendredi, 30. janvier 2004 19:02
=C0=A0: BlueZ Mailing List
Objet=A0: Re: [Bluez-users] SuSE and Audio

Hi Jerome,