2008-06-20 06:45:29

by colorant

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] How to using security "Auto" in pairing , I tried but not working ?

Hi

I found in some way , it works, as below:

> Hi
>
> I do not have passkey-agent running , so I try to use auto for security
> and hope it can send back the passkey auto.
>
> My setting in hcid.conf is as below :
>
> options {
> # Automatically initialize new devices
> autoinit yes;
> security auto;
> pairing multi;
> offmode devdown;
> # Default PIN code for incoming connections
> passkey "1234";
> }
>
> But this don't work :

I found the behavior is :

If I initiate a bonding through dbus, this won't working.
But if the bonding request is initiate from remote, this auto security
setting can work , and will send the passkey as in the conf file.

If I using security user, and use passkey-agent --default <pin> as the
agent.
Then , no matter the bonding is initiate from which side , it will always
working.

Is the auto procedure designed to doing so ?

Thanks.

Raymond