2003-04-10 13:26:57

by EXT-Somil.Asthana

Subject: RE: [Bluez-users] DB aliases (wishlist)

Hi Max
Just a thought !! Do you really think this is necessary feature because I=
added a simple cmd in hcitool -i hciX lname <local_name> which calls issue=
s HCI_CMD to write local name. It was nothing more than cut & paste from hc=
id/main.c file which writes local name...

regards
Somil

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Max Krasnyansky [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 4:02 PM
To: Dr. Thomas Bengs; [email protected]

At 02:20 PM 4/4/2003, Dr. Thomas Bengs wrote:

>Hello Paul Hedderly,
>
>You wrote on 04/04/03:
>> I would love to be able to populate a file like /etc/bluetooth/aliases
>> which would be like /etc/hosts, ie:
>> 00:E0:03:25:08:72 pauls-laptop
>> Any chance?
>
>me too :)
Next major version of bluez utils might have something like that.=20

Max

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Somil,

> Just a thought !! Do you really think this is necessary feature because I added a simple cmd in hcitool -i hciX lname <local_name> which calls issues HCI_CMD to write local name. It was nothing more than cut & paste from hcid/main.c file which writes local name...

we don't need this, because you can use

hciconfig hci0 name <local-name>

and I don't see what this have to do with the mail from Paul. Such an
aliases, hosts or devices file is for the remote devices, not the local
ones.

Regards

Marcel