2003-07-26 14:37:10

by Andrew Radke

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez and OBEX File Transfer

Hi all,

I just got myself a nice new Ericsson T610 and would love to be able to
use it's 'Browse files' funtion with bluez in the same way as with the
iPaq. From doing a 'sdptool browse $ipaq' I found the following which I
assume is what is handling this:

Service Name: OBEX File Transfer
Service RecHandle: 0x10002
Service Class ID List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Protocol Descriptor List:
"L2CAP" (0x0100)
"RFCOMM" (0x0003)
Channel: 3
"OBEX" (0x0008)
Language Base Attr List:
code_ISO639: 0x656e
encoding: 0x6a
base_offset: 0x100
Profile Descriptor List:
"OBEX File Transfer" (0x1106)
Version: 0x0100

Is there anything to handle the equivalent under Linux?

Forgive me if I should be asking this on an openobex list but I was
hoping someone here might know and I don't want to subscribe to yet
another list just for one quick question. :-)

Regards,

Andrew Radke

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluez and OBEX File Transfer

Hi Andrew,

> > I have started a btftp client, which you can found in the BlueZ CVS in
> > the repository obex. But at the moment no btftpd exists.
>
> The client will be a nice addition. Any plans on the btftpd? Anything a
> non-programmer can do to help? Write it in Perl maybe? :-)

I don't have the time nor the money to work fulltime on it, so don't
expect anything very soon.

And I never read anything about a Bluetooth Perl binding, but it is
socket programming, so maybe it is already possible. But I code in C, so
why should I use Perl ;)

Regards

Marcel

by Andrew Radke

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
[snip]
> I have started a btftp client, which you can found in the BlueZ CVS in
> the repository obex. But at the moment no btftpd exists.

The client will be a nice addition. Any plans on the btftpd? Anything a
non-programmer can do to help? Write it in Perl maybe? :-)

> BTW please send me "hcitool info <t610-bdaddr>" and the complete sdptool
> browse for your phone.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

# hcitool info 00:0a:**:**:**:**
Requesting information ...
BD Address: 00:0a:**:**:**:**
Device Name: T610
LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x400
Manufacturer: Ericsson Mobile Comunications (0)
Features: 0x04 0xea 0x31 0x00
<encryption> <RSSI> <SCO link> <HV3 packets>
<u-law log> <A-law log> <CVSD>

# sdptool browse 00:0a:**:**:**:**
Browsing 00:0A:**:**:**:** ...
Service Name: Dial-up Networking