2003-09-13 06:12:20

by Jason Van Patten

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] IBM Thinkpad A31p and Bluetooth

At Sat Sep 13 01:15:17 2003, jvp wrote:
> laptop# hciconfig -a
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
> DOWN
> RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
> TX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 commands:0 errors:0
> Features: 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DH1 HV1
> Link policy:
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT

I was successful in getting the Palm and laptop to find one another via BT;
thanks a bunch for all the help. Now, is there any way to get an
application like jpilot to sync over BT? I need to point it at a /dev
device; typically a serial or usb connection. Does hci0 have a /dev
representation of some sort?

Thanks, and again I'm sorry about the newbie questions.

jas
--
Jason Van Patten
AOL IM: Jason VP

by Fredrik Noring

Hi Marcel,

s?n 2003-09-14 klockan 15.26 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> sdptool get --tree --bdaddr <bdaddr> 0x10000

I've tested 0x10000 through 0x1007f with interesting results on 0x10000
and 0x10001.

Thanks,
Fredrik

Probing 0x10000...
Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10000
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID128 : 0xf5beb651-4171-4051-acf5-6ca72022-42f0

Probing 0x10001...
Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x10001
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1105 - OBEXObjectPush
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x1
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0008 - OBEX
Attribute Identifier : 0x6 - LanguageBaseAttributeIDList
Data Sequence
Integer : 0x656e
Integer : 0x8cc
Integer : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "OBEX Object Push"
Attribute Identifier : 0x303
Data Sequence
Integer : 0x1
Integer : 0x2
Integer : 0x3
Integer : 0xff

Probing 0x10002...
Service get request failed.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fredrik,

> > seems that Palm uses default record handle number scheme. Please check
> > the records 0x10000 and onwards for values.
>
> Check records - how?

sdptool get --tree --bdaddr <bdaddr> 0x10000
sdptool get --tree --bdaddr <bdaddr> 0x10001
sdptool get --tree --bdaddr <bdaddr> 0x10002

Marcel

by Fredrik Noring

l?r 2003-09-13 klockan 19.56 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> seems that Palm uses default record handle number scheme. Please check
> the records 0x10000 and onwards for values.

Check records - how?

Fredrik

2003-09-13 17:56:42

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fredrik,

> > Please, can someone post the result of a SDP search with --tree option
> > for the OBEX push profile.
>
> # sdptool search --tree OPUSH 00:07:E0:0C:1B:3F
> Inquiring ...
> Searching for OPUSH on 00:07:E0:0C:1B:3F ...
> Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
> Integer : 0x10001

seems that Palm uses default record handle number scheme. Please check
the records 0x10000 and onwards for values.

Regards

Marcel

by Fredrik Noring

l?r 2003-09-13 klockan 12.32 skrev Marcel Holtmann:
> Please, can someone post the result of a SDP search with --tree option
> for the OBEX push profile.

Sure. Does the result indicate anything?

Fredrik

[...]

2003-09-13 15:19:52

by Jason Van Patten

At Sat Sep 13 04:28:13 2003, Fredrik Noring wrote:
> I don't know if it's possible to get jpilot or gnome-pilot running with
> Bluetooth, but pilot-xfer works atleast:
>
> 1) Make your Palm able to connect to the computer using
> PPP over Bluetooth. (This is somewhat complicated - search for
> "linux bluetooth ppp tungsten" or similar to get some howtos.)
>
> 2) Run "pilot-xfer -p net:any -s ." etc.

Thanks for the pointer, that seems to have done the trick. Jpilot will use
net:any as a device to sync the Palm after the PPP-over-BT is configured.

It's a few extra steps than I wanted to take, but oh well. It works.

Thanks!

jas
--
Jason Van Patten
AOL IM: Jason VP

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fredrik,

> > I was successful in getting the Palm and laptop to find one another via BT;
> > thanks a bunch for all the help. Now, is there any way to get an
> > application like jpilot to sync over BT?
>
> I don't know if it's possible to get jpilot or gnome-pilot running with
> Bluetooth, but pilot-xfer works atleast:
>
> 1) Make your Palm able to connect to the computer using
> PPP over Bluetooth. (This is somewhat complicated - search for
> "linux bluetooth ppp tungsten" or similar to get some howtos.)
>
> 2) Run "pilot-xfer -p net:any -s ." etc.
>
> The Gnome MultiSync project looks interesting but I don't know if Palm
> is supported. The Gnome Bluetooth project also looks promising.

I don't have a Palm, but I assume that this device can also sync over
Bluetooth directly, because the only thing that it needs is a RFCOMM
connection. The SDP records of the Palm are not in the public browse
group, so it will be difficult to find the correct one and of course
they will use some uuid128. The Nokia phone 6310 for example have also a
special service record that allows them to run their own protocol over
Bluetooth and we now have to find the special SDP record for the Palm.
Please, can someone post the result of a SDP search with --tree option
for the OBEX push profile.

Regards

Marcel

by Fredrik Noring

Hi Jason,

l=F6r 2003-09-13 klockan 08.12 skrev Jason Van Patten:
> I was successful in getting the Palm and laptop to find one another via=
BT;
> thanks a bunch for all the help. Now, is there any way to get an
> application like jpilot to sync over BT? =20

I don't know if it's possible to get jpilot or gnome-pilot running with
Bluetooth, but pilot-xfer works atleast:

1) Make your Palm able to connect to the computer using=20
PPP over Bluetooth. (This is somewhat complicated - search for
"linux bluetooth ppp tungsten" or similar to get some howtos.)

2) Run "pilot-xfer -p net:any -s ." etc.=20