2004-01-27 09:07:24

by Janice M. Ballesteros

Subject: [Bluez-users] Getting remote device address & name using obex commands

Hello to everyone.

Is there an obex command that I can use to get the bluetooth address and
name of a remote device? It is possible with hci commands but I would
like to use obex commands if it is possible.
What Im trying to do is run the obexserver (from frasunek) and get the
sender's address and name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jan,

> Is there an obex command that I can use to get the bluetooth address and
> name of a remote device? It is possible with hci commands but I would
> like to use obex commands if it is possible.

there is not OBEX command for this.

> What Im trying to do is run the obexserver (from frasunek) and get the
> sender's address and name.

If you know the socket descriptor you can simply get the local and the
remote address for that connection. Getting the name is a HCI command.

Regards

Marcel