2004-02-02 04:56:46

by beichuang

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem with OBEX Object Push Service Description

Hello,

I want to make an OBEX Object Push server and wish
this server can be discovered by other BT devices.

Before I do that, I used the command to add a OBEX
service as the command line:

#sdptool -add --channel=5 OPUSH

However, I cannot discover this service from other
devices (my iPAQ 5550) although the device can be
found.

I have then tested to send a vcard to my desktop from
iPAQ. It sopped after the prompt "connected with
BlueZ(0)"

I have also compared the SDP information with any
other OPUSH server on Windows 2000, which works with
my iPAQ.
But it seems the information is the same.

Here below is the SDP details for the OBEX push server

Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
Integer : 0x804d130
Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1105 - OBEXObjectPush
Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
Channel/Port (Integer) : 0x3
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x0008 - OBEX
Attribute Identifier : 0x5 - BrowseGroupList
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1002 - PublicBrowseGroup (SDP)
Attribute Identifier : 0x9 -
BluetoothProfileDescriptorList
Data Sequence
Data Sequence
UUID16 : 0x1105 - OBEXObjectPush
Version (Integer) : 0x100
Attribute Identifier : 0x100
Text : "OBEX Object Push"
Attribute Identifier : 0x303
Data Sequence
Integer : 0x1
Integer : 0x2
Integer : 0x3
Integer : 0x4
Integer : 0x5
Integer : 0x6

Anyone can find the reason why it is not interoperable
with my iPAQ? I can just not find any error with the
comparison with another working OBEX server.

Thanks and regards

/B.C.

by Edd Dumbill

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 04:56, beichuang wrote:
> Anyone can find the reason why it is not interoperable
> with my iPAQ? I can just not find any error with the
> comparison with another working OBEX server.

It may be that you need the object exchange bit set in your device
service class. Try running hciconfig hci0 class 0x100100 and trying
again. You can make this setting permanent in hcid.conf.

-- Edd