2004-02-19 16:00:32

by Alexandre Ghisoli

Subject: [Bluez-users] hid2usb error

Hi there,

I've the Logitech diNovo Bluetooth kit, and try to use it as BT device.
So, i've bluez-libs2 & bluez-utils2 to use the hid2hci tool to pass my
Logitech USB HUB to an Bluetooth HUB.

Kernel 2.6.2-mh
hid module loaded.

Running the hid2usb give :
Invalid argument ...

After some investigations, it appear that the following line return the
error (around line 240) :

err = send_report(fd, rep1, sizeof(rep1))

at the 2nd byte send (0xff 0x80)
Anyone can help me, plz ?

Regards

--Alexandre

by Alexandre Ghisoli

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hid2usb error

Hum,

Many thanks, it's working now !!

Regards
--Alexandre

Le jeu 19/02/2004 ? 19:58, Marcel Holtmann a ?crit :
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> > Can I find this patch somewhere ?
>
> in the Linux USB development mailing list archive. I searched for you
> and attached it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2004-02-19 18:58:54

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Alexandre,

> Can I find this patch somewhere ?

in the Linux USB development mailing list archive. I searched for you
and attached it.

Regards

Marcel

Attachments:
hid-core.diff (986.00 B)

2004-02-19 18:49:11

by Alexandre Ghisoli

Hi Marcel,

Can I find this patch somewhere ?

Thanks for your time

..Alexandre

Le jeu 19/02/2004 ? 19:33, Marcel Holtmann a ?crit :
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> > I've the Logitech diNovo Bluetooth kit, and try to use it as BT device.
> > So, i've bluez-libs2 & bluez-utils2 to use the hid2hci tool to pass my
> > Logitech USB HUB to an Bluetooth HUB.
> >
> > Kernel 2.6.2-mh
> > hid module loaded.
> >
> > Running the hid2usb give :
> > Invalid argument ...
> >
> > After some investigations, it appear that the following line return the
> > error (around line 240) :
> >
> > err = send_report(fd, rep1, sizeof(rep1))
> >
> > at the 2nd byte send (0xff 0x80)
>
> you need a patch for the USB HID driver to send multiple bytes. I think
> it is not included so far. Must be pending in Greg's list.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

2004-02-19 18:33:29

by Marcel Holtmann