2004-04-03 16:53:20

by Pierre N

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Two simultanous connections

On Sat, 2004-04-03 at 18:23, Andreas Gaufer wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:01:46 +0200
> Pierre N <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Seriously, my question is why can a master hold up to 4 slaves but can't
> > initiate these 4 connections itself as a master?
> >
> > Is it technically impossible, is it just an implementation constraint or
> > is there some secret switch to do so?
> >

> check the role-switch procedure, its done with "hcitool" and its opention "sr".
> Both Sides have to support this feature.

I tried this already. I can initiate a connection from A, but whatever
the type of the connection (slave or master) I can't initialise another
one. So I can't switch role on the second connection. I can switch role
of the first one, works great, but I doesn't allow me to start a second
one. It always fail silently.

I noticed that if I connected as slave, a scan shows me the 3rd iPaq.
Connected as master, a scan comes back empty. But if B and C initialise
the connections as slave, then A hold two connections as master no
problem.

Well, looks like my curiosity doesn't inspire many...

--
Pierre

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)