2004-04-23 18:33:23

by Di Pietro Nicolas

Subject: [Bluez-users] Can't get di Nuovo works in BT :'( help please. (a bit long, sorry)

Hi !
Here is the story:
A long time ago (three days) in a land far far away (Belgium)
I've bougth a di Nuovo keyboard and...
... since, I'm trying to get it work :-(
At the moment, the keyboard works and the media pad also (without the
screen but
for now, I don't care), the multimedia key doesn't work (some a of them
but not
much) and the mouse doen't work at all.

I've read dozens mail, forums howto's and I really
don't know what to do now.

My kernel is a 2.6.5 with gentoo patch and patch-2.6.5-mh3.gz .
It seems that he is patched against multibyte (hid-core)

first, I've tried what was explained <a
href='http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/mx900.html'>here</a>
but it doesn't work :
> /opt/bluetooth/sbin/bthid --daemon
># move your MX900, watch /var/log/daemon.log
>(Connected: Logitech Bluetooth Mouse (abcd:abcd))
No, nothing like this. So :
> if your have used your MX900 mouse with another dongle (eg the
Bluetooth
docking >delivered with the MX900), even with another OS (eg Windows
XP), you
have to >convince your HID device (the MX900) to talk to your usual
dongle
again. To do >this, first start the bthid daemon as above (if not yet
done) :
>/opt/bluetooth/sbin/bthid --daemon
># then, with the -c option, poke the mouse using its Bluetooth Address
:
>/opt/bluetooth/sbin/bthid -c 00:07:61:13:E8:21 (this address is mine,
look up
>yours under the mouse)
># then, press the connect button under the mouse
># move your MX900, watch /var/log/daemon.log
>(Connected: Logitech Bluetooth Mouse (abcd:abcd))
Nothing better append

<----->
after, I've tried this :
http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/feedback/ghisoli_alexandre_mx900_with_hub.txt

without success :

>Check usb buses to see your USB HUB :
> lsusb
>Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 003 Device 003: ID 046d:c704 Logitech, Inc.
>Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0451:2036 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB2036 Hub
>Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
>Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Okay, I have the same.

>Then switch it :

>/usr/local/bluetooth/sbin/hid2hci
>Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode was successful

No, never seen that, I get :
Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode failed (No such file or
directory)

once, I get something different (but don't remember)
I think it was successfull but then my BT receiver (the mouse charger)
freezed
(no more keyboad, keypad, mouse and pushing the button did nothing)

I've seen in this mailing list archive a lot of treads about this mouse
or
keyboard, success and failure hid2hci problem, and no clues for me.
I've tried the libs2 and utils2 (CVS) with and without the
--enable-compat flag.

I'm really sad and turning mad.
Two times the mouse worked (but without BT) but I have to connect
another usb
mouse on the machine and it doesn't work each time.

Help me please.
Tanks in advance an sorry for this awful english.
Nicolas

by CIJOML

If your mouse doesn't work, try look into hcid.conf and find
out, if you have:

auth disable;
encrypt disable;

Michal

On Saturday 24 of April 2004 17:08, Di Pietro Nicolas wrote:
> Le sam 24/04/2004 =E0 14:29, Marcel Holtmann a =E9crit :
> > Hi Nicolas,
> >
> > > At the moment, the keyboard works and the media pad also (without the
> > > screen but
> > > for now, I don't care), the multimedia key doesn't work (some a of th=
em
> > > but not
> > > much) and the mouse doen't work at all.
> >
> > your report is totally messed up. Works, works not, done this, done
> > that, this device is ok and that is not. I can only help you if you
> > write in clear words what you are trying to do and what you've done so
> > far. Do it step by step and actually you should start with getting
> > hid2hci working reliable.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel
>
> Okay, I'm sorry if it's messed up.
> What I've done :
> -patched kernel2.6.5 against patch-2.6.5-mh3.gz
> -I've looked if I've the multibyte support in hid, seems okay.
> -compiled utils2 and libs2 from CVS
>
> What works always :
> the keyboard
> the media pad in numpad mode
>
> What works somtimes :
> the mouse
> the media pad in nav mode
>
> What's the matter :
> Generally, the mouse doesn't work, the media pad in nav mode not either.
> I don't know why and when.
> In this case, when I move the mouse up/down, it scroll or click.
> If I move the mouse left/right, it move up/down and scroll
> the media pad in nav mode move the cursor (but in a odd way)
>
> if I try hid2hci (following the
> http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/feedback/ghisoli_alexandre_mx900_with_hub=
=2Et
>xt advices, I get
> Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode failed (No such file or
> directory)
>
> In the other case (when the mouse work an the media pad also)
> It seems that this case appear more frequently if there is no
> batteries/cells in the mouse or media pad at boot-time.
>
> hid2hci, give me :
> Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode was successful
> usb 3-1.2 : new full speed USB deviceusing address 4
> Bluetooth : Core ver 2.4
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
> NET : Registered protocol family 31
> Bluetooth : HCI device and connection manager initialized
> Bluetooth : HCI socket layer initialized
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
> Bluetooth : HCI USB driverver 2.5
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c : registered new driver hci_usb
> and the hub is frozen.
>
> >if you switch to HCI mode, you have to run the HID profile by yourself
>
> before switching ?
> Could you explain that ? (or just give me link)

> [...]

by Di Pietro Nicolas

Le sam 24/04/2004 =E0 14:29, Marcel Holtmann a =E9crit :=20
> Hi Nicolas,
>=20
> > At the moment, the keyboard works and the media pad also (without the
> > screen but
> > for now, I don't care), the multimedia key doesn't work (some a of them
> > but not
> > much) and the mouse doen't work at all.=20
>=20
> your report is totally messed up. Works, works not, done this, done
> that, this device is ok and that is not. I can only help you if you
> write in clear words what you are trying to do and what you've done so
> far. Do it step by step and actually you should start with getting
> hid2hci working reliable.
>=20
> Regards
>=20
> Marcel
Okay, I'm sorry if it's messed up.
What I've done :
-patched kernel2.6.5 against patch-2.6.5-mh3.gz
-I've looked if I've the multibyte support in hid, seems okay.
-compiled utils2 and libs2 from CVS

What works always :
the keyboard
the media pad in numpad mode

What works somtimes :
the mouse
the media pad in nav mode

What's the matter :
Generally, the mouse doesn't work, the media pad in nav mode not either.
I don't know why and when.
In this case, when I move the mouse up/down, it scroll or click.
If I move the mouse left/right, it move up/down and scroll
the media pad in nav mode move the cursor (but in a odd way)

if I try hid2hci (following the
http://www.bueche.ch/comp/mx900/feedback/ghisoli_alexandre_mx900_with_hub.t=
xt
advices, I get=20
Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode failed (No such file or=20
directory)

In the other case (when the mouse work an the media pad also)
It seems that this case appear more frequently if there is no
batteries/cells in the mouse or media pad at boot-time.

hid2hci, give me :
Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode was successful
usb 3-1.2 : new full speed USB deviceusing address 4
Bluetooth : Core ver 2.4
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
NET : Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth : HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth : HCI socket layer initialized
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
Bluetooth : HCI USB driverver 2.5
drivers/usb/core/usb.c : registered new driver hci_usb
and the hub is frozen.

>if you switch to HCI mode, you have to run the HID profile by yourself
before switching ?=20
Could you explain that ? (or just give me link)

Thanks a lot for your responses.
Nicolas

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Can't get diNovo works in BT :'( help please. (a bit long, sorry)

Hi Nicolas,

> I've found a way to have the mouse working but,... it's odd, dirty and
> it's not in hci mode :
> If the mediapad hasn't link at boot time (because I've removed the cells
> for exemple) the mouse work. After, if the media pad has a link, it
> doesn't matter with the mouse, it works.
>
> if I try hid2hci, I get :
> Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode was successful
> usb 3-1.2 : new full speed USB deviceusing address 4
> Bluetooth : Core ver 2.4
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
> NET : Registered protocol family 31
> Bluetooth : HCI device and connection manager initialized
> Bluetooth : HCI socket layer initialized
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
> hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
> Bluetooth : HCI USB driverver 2.5
> drivers/usb/core/usb.c : registered new driver hci_usb
>
> and after that, the recivers seems freezed, no more link for
> media pad (and for the mouse and the keyboard, I think).
> If I unplug and replug the hub, it's always in the same state.
>
> What's wrong with the keypad and why the hid2hci prog freeze the hub ?

if you switch to HCI mode, you have to run the HID profile by yourself.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Nicolas,

> At the moment, the keyboard works and the media pad also (without the
> screen but
> for now, I don't care), the multimedia key doesn't work (some a of them
> but not
> much) and the mouse doen't work at all.

your report is totally messed up. Works, works not, done this, done
that, this device is ok and that is not. I can only help you if you
write in clear words what you are trying to do and what you've done so
far. Do it step by step and actually you should start with getting
hid2hci working reliable.

Regards

Marcel

by Di Pietro Nicolas

Le ven 23/04/2004 =E0 20:33, Di Pietro Nicolas a =E9crit :
> Hi !
> Here is the story:
> A long time ago (three days) in a land far far away (Belgium)
> I've bougth a di Nuovo keyboard and...
> ... since, I'm trying to get it work :-(
> At the moment, the keyboard works and the media pad also (without the
> screen but
> for now, I don't care), the multimedia key doesn't work (some a of them
> but not
> much) and the mouse doen't work at all.=20
>=20
> I've read dozens mail, forums howto's and I really
> don't know what to do now.
>=20
> My kernel is a 2.6.5 with gentoo patch and patch-2.6.5-mh3.gz .
> It seems that he is patched against multibyte (hid-core)
>=20
<snip>
>=20
> I'm really sad and turning mad.
> Two times the mouse worked (but without BT) but I have to connect
> another usb
> mouse on the machine and it doesn't work each time.
>=20
> Help me please.
> Tanks in advance an sorry for this awful english.
> Nicolas

I've found a way to have the mouse working but,... it's odd, dirty and
it's not in hci mode :
If the mediapad hasn't link at boot time (because I've removed the cells
for exemple) the mouse work. After, if the media pad has a link, it
doesn't matter with the mouse, it works.

if I try hid2hci, I get :
Switching device 046d:c704 to HCI mode was successful
usb 3-1.2 : new full speed USB deviceusing address 4
Bluetooth : Core ver 2.4
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
NET : Registered protocol family 31
Bluetooth : HCI device and connection manager initialized
Bluetooth : HCI socket layer initialized
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_free_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_alloc_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_unregister_dev
hci_usb : Unknow symbol hci_register_dev
Bluetooth : HCI USB driverver 2.5
drivers/usb/core/usb.c : registered new driver hci_usb

and after that, the recivers seems freezed, no more link for
media pad (and for the mouse and the keyboard, I think).
If I unplug and replug the hub, it's always in the same state.

What's wrong with the keypad and why the hid2hci prog freeze the hub ?

Any clues ?
Thanks
Nicolas