2004-05-26 15:49:29

by Edd Dumbill

Subject: [Bluez-users] Debian packages updated

I uploaded new experimental packages for BlueZ 2.7 to Debian
experimental (expect them there in a week or so, as bluez-cups is NEW),
and to the http://bluez.sf.net/download/debian/ repository. This build
has DBUS and CUPS enabled. More details are available in the
README.Debian file in the bluez-utils package.

Fuller details available on my blog at
http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2004/05/26-bluez/read

I'd welcome feedback from users of the older packages, particularly in
how the 2.4 -> 2.7 upgrade goes, as the bluez-pan and bluez-sdp packages
have all been subsumed into bluez-utils.

-- Edd

by Achim Bohnet

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Debian packages updated

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 17:49, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> I uploaded new experimental packages for BlueZ 2.7 to Debian
> experimental (expect them there in a week or so, as bluez-cups is NEW),
> and to the http://bluez.sf.net/download/debian/ repository. This build
> has DBUS and CUPS enabled. More details are available in the
> README.Debian file in the bluez-utils package.
>
> Fuller details available on my blog at
> http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2004/05/26-bluez/read
>
> I'd welcome feedback from users of the older packages, particularly in
> how the 2.4 -> 2.7 upgrade goes, as the bluez-pan and bluez-sdp packages
> have all been subsumed into bluez-utils.

Hi Edd,

first thx for the new pkgs. Update from 2.6 went smooth
(beside the artefacts of updating testing with bluez.sf.net
pkgs ;)

First impressions:

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the /etc/init.d/bluez-pan merge into
/etc/init.d/bluez-utils. Before I could remove the rcX.d links
and let hotplug and/or script call bluez-pan as needed.
I only switch on the bluetooth adapter when needed. Ditto with pand.
Now I did get lots of useless entries in syslog of pan trying to find
the (nonexisting) NAP ;)

Output of restart of the init.d script is a bit strange:
Restarting bluez-utils: hidd hcid sdpd hidd rfcomm
hidd entry appears twice (same for pund and dund when enabled)

My M$ bt mouse didn't arrive yet, but I would expect that hidd
adds an SDP record (kdebluetooth didn't show it; running debian
kernel-source 2.6.6 + mh2). Maybe the mouse will work without
an SDP record. Nevertheless IMHO a SDP record tells more
to Joe User than a ps | grep ;)

thx again for the pkgs!
Achim

--
To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
-- [email protected]

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Edd,

> I uploaded new experimental packages for BlueZ 2.7 to Debian
> experimental (expect them there in a week or so, as bluez-cups is NEW),
> and to the http://bluez.sf.net/download/debian/ repository. This build
> has DBUS and CUPS enabled. More details are available in the
> README.Debian file in the bluez-utils package.
>
> Fuller details available on my blog at
> http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2004/05/26-bluez/read
>
> I'd welcome feedback from users of the older packages, particularly in
> how the 2.4 -> 2.7 upgrade goes, as the bluez-pan and bluez-sdp packages
> have all been subsumed into bluez-utils.

may you wanna add fixes for two of my stupid mistakes :(

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bluez/libs/include/hci.h?r1=1.35&r2=1.36
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/bluez/utils/hidd/main.c?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

Please test these packages and give Edd feedback, so they can move very
soon to unstable.

Regards

Marcel