2004-06-07 14:22:37

by Edd Dumbill

Subject: [Bluez-users] Nokia SU-1B digital pen

I just succeeded in getting one of these pens paired with Linux, running
BlueZ. Here's a write-up of what I did:
http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2004/06/07-nokia-su-1b/read

I basically made a hacky misuse of dund to emulate the modem of a
cellphone, which the pen needs to contact in order to get
manuf/model/version information. The writeup contains a link to the
hack.

After pairing, it works fine with regular OBEX PUSH.

-- Edd

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Nokia SU-1B digital pen

It is a nice toy, but it don't act like OCR software and that's a pity
Then it would be more usable.

Michal

On Monday 07 of June 2004 21:40, Edd Dumbill wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 18:37 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> > this sounds great. Actually I can't spend any additional money for such
> > toys, but I will put it on my must-have list ;)
> >
> > Please make a "hcitool info ..." for me.
>
> Here you are:
>
> Device Name: Nokia SU-1B
> LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x2
> Manufacturer: C Technologies (38)
> Features: 0xbf 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> <3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot
> offset>
>

> -- Edd

by Edd Dumbill

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 18:37 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> this sounds great. Actually I can't spend any additional money for such
> toys, but I will put it on my must-have list ;)
>
> Please make a "hcitool info ..." for me.

Here you are:

Device Name: Nokia SU-1B
LMP Version: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subversion: 0x2
Manufacturer: C Technologies (38)
Features: 0xbf 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
<3-slot packets> <5-slot packets> <encryption> <slot
offset>

-- Edd

2004-06-07 16:37:12

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Edd,

> I just succeeded in getting one of these pens paired with Linux, running
> BlueZ. Here's a write-up of what I did:
> http://usefulinc.com/edd/blog/contents/2004/06/07-nokia-su-1b/read
>
> I basically made a hacky misuse of dund to emulate the modem of a
> cellphone, which the pen needs to contact in order to get
> manuf/model/version information. The writeup contains a link to the
> hack.
>
> After pairing, it works fine with regular OBEX PUSH.

this sounds great. Actually I can't spend any additional money for such
toys, but I will put it on my must-have list ;)

Please make a "hcitool info ..." for me.

Regards

Marcel