2004-08-10 08:46:20

by Andy Beuth

Subject: [Bluez-users] Multisync Bluetooth No devices

Hi there,

i've a grand problem.

I run debian unstable with kernel 2.6.7 and mh4 from Marcel Holtmann
(thanx). My problem is the following. By booting my pc i got the message
No devices in HCI mode found.
My Bluetooth is working under gnome with all applications exclude
MULTISYNC. My Card is PCCARD 3COM 3CRWB6096 mit Kernel Driver und
firmware loader. I can send SMS via Bluetooth and scmxx to my Siemens
S55 but there is no way to get it work with Multisync.
The Bluetooth Button in the "Connect with" selection is only grey.
Any Idea??
hid2hci say "No devices in HCI mode found" too.

Greatings
Andy Beuth

by Andy Beuth

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Multisync Bluetooth No devices

Hello,

Thanx. Its working.

Andy

--
Andy Beuth
[email protected]

\|||/
(o o)
---------ooO-(_)-Ooo-----
* Don't drink as root!! *

by Olivier Bornet

Hello,

> > I run debian unstable with kernel 2.6.7 and mh4 from Marcel Holtmann
> > (thanx). My problem is the following. By booting my pc i got the message
> > No devices in HCI mode found.
> > The Bluetooth Button in the "Connect with" selection is only grey.
> > Any Idea??
>
> the Multisync package maintainer linked the Bluetooth plugin against the
> libsdp which is no longer present. File a Debian bug report, because
> this is not a BlueZ problem.

Now, the new libmultisync-plugin-irmc-bluetooth version 0.82-3 is
working as expected with libbluetooth1 2.9-1.

So, try to update/upgrade your system now, and it must works.

Good day.

Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet | fran?ais : http://puck.ch/f
Swiss Ice Hockey Results | english : http://puck.ch/e

Attachments:
(No filename) (975.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Olivier Bornet

Hi Marcel,

> but this bug report don't includes the reason for this problem or a link
> to the thread on the Multisync mailing list. Please add this, so the
> maintainer can easily fix it.

Done. Thanks for the advice.

Good day.

Olivier
--
Olivier Bornet | fran?ais : http://puck.ch/f
Swiss Ice Hockey Results | english : http://puck.ch/e
http://puck.ch/ | deutsch : http://puck.ch/g
[email protected] | italiano : http://puck.ch/i
Get my PGP-key at http://puck.ch/pgp or at http://pgp.mit.edu/

Attachments:
(No filename) (624.00 B)
signature.asc (189.00 B)
Digital signature

by Stephen Crane

Not enough coffee ;-) That should have been:

# ln -s /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.1.0.8 /usr/lib/libsdp.so

--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

2004-08-10 09:55:14

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Olivier,

> > the Multisync package maintainer linked the Bluetooth plugin against the
> > libsdp which is no longer present. File a Debian bug report, because
> > this is not a BlueZ problem.
>
> This is already done:

but this bug report don't includes the reason for this problem or a link
to the thread on the Multisync mailing list. Please add this, so the
maintainer can easily fix it.

Regards

Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Hi Andy, Marcel,

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 09:51, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> > I run debian unstable with kernel 2.6.7 and mh4 from Marcel Holtmann
> > (thanx). My problem is the following. By booting my pc i got the message
> > No devices in HCI mode found.
> > My Bluetooth is working under gnome with all applications exclude
> > MULTISYNC. My Card is PCCARD 3COM 3CRWB6096 mit Kernel Driver und
> > firmware loader. I can send SMS via Bluetooth and scmxx to my Siemens
> > S55 but there is no way to get it work with Multisync.
> > The Bluetooth Button in the "Connect with" selection is only grey.
> > Any Idea??
> > hid2hci say "No devices in HCI mode found" too.
>
> the Multisync package maintainer linked the Bluetooth plugin against the
> libsdp which is no longer present. File a Debian bug report, because

You can bodge around this by making a softlink:
# ln -s /usr/lib/libsdp.so /usr/lib/libbluetooth.so.1.0.8

Pretty awful but it should work.

Later,
Steve
--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

2004-08-10 09:30:40

by Olivier Bornet

Hello,

> > The Bluetooth Button in the "Connect with" selection is only grey.
>
> the Multisync package maintainer linked the Bluetooth plugin against the
> libsdp which is no longer present. File a Debian bug report, because
> this is not a BlueZ problem.

This is already done:

See also the multisync mailing lists. A thread with this topic is
already posted:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5266361&forum_id=12899

Good day.

Olivier