2004-08-30 20:32:58

by David Stennett

Subject: [Bluez-users] Modifying Device Class....

Gentlemen:

I know that the Bluetooth spec has different devices classes (0x100,
etc...) ... my question is, can we create our own? That way, if I
created a client to find only (0x12345), my BlueZ box could have a
device class of 0x12345 or something) .... or, is this not possible?

David

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Modifying Device Class....

Hi David,

> I know that the Bluetooth spec has different devices classes (0x100,
> etc...) ... my question is, can we create our own? That way, if I
> created a client to find only (0x12345), my BlueZ box could have a
> device class of 0x12345 or something) .... or, is this not possible?

in general it is only a 3 byte value and you can use everything you like
as long as the other side knows about it. I think there are some free
values and extension bits that you should use for that and not using
some free choosen value.

Regards

Marcel