2004-10-25 16:47:20

by Edd Dumbill

Subject: [Bluez-users] Linux 2.6.10-rc1 HID problems

Hi Marcel,

Running Linux 2.6.10-rc1 I've got the following HID related problems:

* the multimedia keys on my Apple Bluetooth keyboard no longer work
(showkey shows nothing)

* the microsoft bluetooth mouse no longer generates scroll wheel events
(xev shows nothing)

hidd is running with --master (the apple keyboard won't successfully
reconnect otherwise).

-- Edd

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Linux 2.6.10-rc1 HID problems

Hi Edd,

> Running Linux 2.6.10-rc1 I've got the following HID related problems:
>
> * the multimedia keys on my Apple Bluetooth keyboard no longer work
> (showkey shows nothing)
>
> * the microsoft bluetooth mouse no longer generates scroll wheel events
> (xev shows nothing)
>
> hidd is running with --master (the apple keyboard won't successfully
> reconnect otherwise).

this sounds like boot mode and actually 2.6.10-rc1 only supports the
boot mode. For using the report mode, you have to apply my -mh1 patch.

Regards

Marcel