2005-01-06 22:09:21

by Vesa Halttunen

Subject: [Bluez-users] Keyboard & mouse operate in boot protocol mode causing extra keyboard events with 2.6.10-mh1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.13

Hello,

a couple of months back I had a problem with extraneous keyboard events;
when I typed "sources" I got "sourceces" and so on. This was fixed by
applying an -mh kernel patch that had HID report protocol mode support.
2.6.9-mh3 and bluez-libs/utils 2.10 worked fine but now I upgraded to
2.6.10-mh1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.13 and this problem is back again.

hidd --list gives me

00:07:61:19:9E:A9 HID Boot Device [046d:b301] connected [boot-protocol]
00:07:61:19:FA:68 HID Boot Device [046d:b001] connected [boot-protocol]

so it seems it's not using the HID report protocol but the boot
protocol. hidd --list also used to show the correct names of the devices
(Logitech MX900 Mouse etc.) instead of just HID Boot Device.

What can I do to make hidd use the HID report protocol mode (or whatever
is necessary to fix this problem)?

Thanks,

-Vesa

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Vesa,

> a couple of months back I had a problem with extraneous keyboard events;
> when I typed "sources" I got "sourceces" and so on. This was fixed by
> applying an -mh kernel patch that had HID report protocol mode support.
> 2.6.9-mh3 and bluez-libs/utils 2.10 worked fine but now I upgraded to
> 2.6.10-mh1 and bluez-libs/utils 2.13 and this problem is back again.
>
> hidd --list gives me
>
> 00:07:61:19:9E:A9 HID Boot Device [046d:b301] connected [boot-protocol]
> 00:07:61:19:FA:68 HID Boot Device [046d:b001] connected [boot-protocol]
>
> so it seems it's not using the HID report protocol but the boot
> protocol. hidd --list also used to show the correct names of the devices
> (Logitech MX900 Mouse etc.) instead of just HID Boot Device.
>
> What can I do to make hidd use the HID report protocol mode (or whatever
> is necessary to fix this problem)?

back in the -mh patch. I removed it for the final transition into a
generic HID parser.

Regards

Marcel