2005-06-16 20:28:26

by Laurent Lesage

Subject: [Bluez-users] How can you give the pin without using the keyboard?

Hi all,

I would like to pair my headset without typing the pin on the keyboard.
I use the "auto" value for security in "hcid.conf" but the PIN is asked
every time I start to use the headset (once paired, it is ok). I have a
file 'pin' with the vlaue of the pin but it seems to be of no use.

Thanks

Laurent

by digitalfredy

El jue, 16-06-2005 a las 20:28 +0000, Laurent Lesage escribi=F3:

Hi, see http://el-directorio.org/index.php/Bluetooth_en_debian
First make /usr/local/bin/bluez-localpin
#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN":$(cat /etc/bluetooth/pin)

After put this line in your /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

pin_helper /usr/local/bin/bluez-localpin; #este no es el que trae p=
or defecto, ver arriba

> Hi all,
>=20
> I would like to pair my headset without typing the pin on the keyboard.=20
> I use the "auto" value for security in "hcid.conf" but the PIN is asked=20
> every time I start to use the headset (once paired, it is ok). I have a=20
> file 'pin' with the vlaue of the pin but it seems to be of no use.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> Laurent
>=20
>=20

by Laurent Lesage

Thanks again!

Laurent

Marco Trudel a =E9crit :

> Hello Laurent
>
> This is used if a device connects to your computer. If you read the=20
> comments in hcid.conf, you see that your auto value is for incoming=20
> connections.
> Feel free to adapt your script to echo /etc/bluetooth/pin if you wan't=20
> to use the same pin for incoming and outgoing connections...
>
> regards
> Marco
>

> Laurent Lesage wrote:
>
>> Thanks Marco, it works well. What is the "/etc/bluetooth/pin" file=20
>> for, then?
>>
>> Laurent
>>

>> Marco Trudel a =E9crit :
>>
>>> Hello Laurent
>>>
>>> replace the pin_helper utility (referenced in hcid.conf) with a=20
>>> script that echoes your pin:
>>> echo PIN:1234
>>> if 1234 is your pin...
>>>
>>> regards
>>> Marco

by Marco Trudel

Hello Laurent

This is used if a device connects to your computer. If you read the
comments in hcid.conf, you see that your auto value is for incoming
connections.
Feel free to adapt your script to echo /etc/bluetooth/pin if you wan't to

Laurent Lesage wrote:
> Thanks Marco, it works well. What is the "/etc/bluetooth/pin" file for,
> then?
>
> Laurent
>

> Marco Trudel a ?crit :
>
>> Hello Laurent
>>
>> replace the pin_helper utility (referenced in hcid.conf) with a script
>> that echoes your pin:
>> echo PIN:1234
>> if 1234 is your pin...
>>
>> regards
>> Marco
>>

>> Laurent Lesage wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I would like to pair my headset without typing the pin on the
>>> keyboard. I use the "auto" value for security in "hcid.conf" but the
>>> PIN is asked every time I start to use the headset (once paired, it
>>> is ok). I have a file 'pin' with the vlaue of the pin but it seems to
>>> be of no use.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Laurent

by Laurent Lesage

Thanks Marco, it works well. What is the "/etc/bluetooth/pin" file for,=20
then?

Laurent

Marco Trudel a =E9crit :