2005-06-17 15:06:25

by Code Logic

Subject: [Bluez-users] Emulating a Handsfree

Can bluez act as a headset (Handsfree profile not Headset profile), so
that a phone can connect to it as its handsfree device? My phone doesn't
seem to have implemented the Handsfree profile correctly, so I was
wondering if I could debug its implementation by making it connect to a
computer instead of an actual HF and sniffing the BT packets.

Thanks a lot!!

by Code Logic

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Emulating a Handsfree

Yup, this looks like what I'm looking for:

http://www.soft.uni-linz.ac.at/_wiki/tiki-index.php?page=ProjectBluezHandsfree

>>From the wiki:
"This code can be used to emulate the computer as a headset
or handsfree device (as opposed to talking to a headset, this
code connects to a phone)."

I'm at work now, I'll test it out at home later in the evening and let
you guys know !!

Thanks a lot!

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 10:18 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> hey
>
> bluetooth-alsa doesn't do it but there are two links near the top of the
> page at http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/ for that.
>
> let me know if you find something else i should point to.
>
> brad
>
> Code Logic wrote:
> > Can bluez act as a headset (Handsfree profile not Headset profile), so
> > that a phone can connect to it as its handsfree device? My phone doesn't
> > seem to have implemented the Handsfree profile correctly, so I was
> > wondering if I could debug its implementation by making it connect to a
> > computer instead of an actual HF and sniffing the BT packets.
> >
> > Thanks a lot!!

by Brad Midgley

Code Logic wrote:
> Can bluez act as a headset (Handsfree profile not Headset profile), so
> that a phone can connect to it as its handsfree device? My phone doesn't
> seem to have implemented the Handsfree profile correctly, so I was
> wondering if I could debug its implementation by making it connect to a
> computer instead of an actual HF and sniffing the BT packets.
>
> Thanks a lot!!

by Nils Faerber