2005-06-24 12:26:36

by andreas knuth

Subject: [Bluez-users] Question to using sdptool

Hi,

I am trying to generate some testcases for testing the BT-solution in o=
ur
products. Therefore some small questions.

I am using two BT-dongles on one host.
At moment when I'm execute "sdptool add <service>" or "sdptool -i hci1=
add
<service>" both hcix gets the service.
Question:
Does provide bluez more then one sdp-daemon - especially to each local
BT-address one dedicated daemon?
Or is it possible to have two separated sdp-data bases - one for each l=
ocal
address?

One Question to the options on the command line listed via "sdptool".
When I try to use the option "--source" I get the error >> unrecogniz=
ed
option '--source' <<. I am remember me that this option was implemente=
d in
the past.
Now i found the working option -i for specifying the the outgoing
connection for sdptool requests :-) Does someone plan to update the hel=
description?

If the option -i for using with sdptool is correct : when I execute
"sdptool -i hci1 browse" then bluez is doing on hci0 an inquiring and w=
ith
the results on hci1 the sdp-requests. Is this process as expected?

One wish to the bluez developer:
The old link-key file (etc/bluetooth/link_key) contained also the time
(+date) of generating the corresponding key. In the new one
(/var/lib/bluetooth/.../linkkeys) the time (+date)is missing.
It was a helpful feature for testing. It is possible to implement this
again?

Thanx

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / kind regards

Andreas Knuth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------=
---
DAIMLERCHRYSLER
Andreas Knuth
Telematics Development
Telematic Architecture and Network (EP/ETS)
MTC 20/3 Floor 2 M02
Tel.: +49-(0)7031-90-44232
Fax: +49-(0)7031-90-44463
HPC: X 908, 71059 Sindelfingen
: mailto:[email protected]
PGP Fingerprint =3D 2879 2776 4046 B175 1B11 B00E E87E 3EB9 BE68 2194

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended
recipients. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted
this transmission and the reply from your electronic mail system.=

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Question to using sdptool

Hi Steve,

> > I am trying to generate some testcases for testing the BT-solution in our
> > products. Therefore some small questions.
> >
> > I am using two BT-dongles on one host.
> > At moment when I'm execute "sdptool add <service>" or "sdptool -i hci1 add
> > <service>" both hcix gets the service.
> > Question:
> > Does provide bluez more then one sdp-daemon - especially to each local
> > BT-address one dedicated daemon?
> > Or is it possible to have two separated sdp-data bases - one for each local
> > address?
>
> It doesn't really make sense to have one sdpd per device. Services
> aren't really bound to a device, rather the machine to which the device
> is attached.

this depends on it. You can bound a service to a specific and device and
in this case also the SDP records should bound to a specific address.
However I don't have really time to look into it at the moment.

> > If the option -i for using with sdptool is correct : when I execute
> > "sdptool -i hci1 browse" then bluez is doing on hci0 an inquiring and with
> > the results on hci1 the sdp-requests. Is this process as expected?
>
> Hmmm. It seems there is no way to pass the interface to
> sdp_general_inquiry(). Perhaps it is best to add a new function,
> sdp_directed_general_inquiry()? Marcel what do you think?

If only sdptool uses these function, we can change it or fix sdptool to
use hci_inquiry and sdp_* explicitly.

> > One wish to the bluez developer:
> > The old link-key file (etc/bluetooth/link_key) contained also the time
> > (+date) of generating the corresponding key. In the new one
> > (/var/lib/bluetooth/.../linkkeys) the time (+date)is missing.
> > It was a helpful feature for testing. It is possible to implement this
> > again?

I left it out, because I don't saw any reason for that. However I have
plans for a "last seen" file.

Regards

Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Hi Andreas,

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 14:26 +0200, [email protected]
wrote:
> I am trying to generate some testcases for testing the BT-solution in our
> products. Therefore some small questions.
>
> I am using two BT-dongles on one host.
> At moment when I'm execute "sdptool add <service>" or "sdptool -i hci1 add
> <service>" both hcix gets the service.
> Question:
> Does provide bluez more then one sdp-daemon - especially to each local
> BT-address one dedicated daemon?
> Or is it possible to have two separated sdp-data bases - one for each local
> address?

It doesn't really make sense to have one sdpd per device. Services
aren't really bound to a device, rather the machine to which the device
is attached.

> One Question to the options on the command line listed via "sdptool".
> When I try to use the option "--source" I get the error >> unrecognized
> option '--source' <<. I am remember me that this option was implemented in
> the past.
> Now i found the working option -i for specifying the the outgoing
> connection for sdptool requests :-) Does someone plan to update the help
> description?

Fixed in CVS.