2005-07-13 14:25:57

by uceemoa

Subject: [Bluez-users] (Newbie) send strings/messaging using BlueZ

Hi all
I'm a newbie in using the BlueZ. Could anyone tell me how to send a message or a
string from one machine to another via bluetooth e.g. sending "Hello World". In
my linux machine I downloaded and installed bluez-hcidump-1.21,
bluez-libs-2.17 and bluez-utils-2.17. I did read that I can use rctest.c. Could
anyone tell me how to do that. Thank you.

Cheers,
Fikry

by uceemoa

Hi Marcel,
Are there any of reference that in the web that i can refer to on doing the
program?

Cheers,
Fikry

Quoting Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:

> Hi Fikry,
>
> > I'm a newbie in using the BlueZ. Could anyone tell me how to send a message
> or a
> > string from one machine to another via bluetooth e.g. sending "Hello
> World". In
> > my linux machine I downloaded and installed bluez-hcidump-1.21,
> > bluez-libs-2.17 and bluez-utils-2.17. I did read that I can use rctest.c.
> Could
> > anyone tell me how to do that. Thank you.
>
> you can use the RFCOMM TTY devices and the echo/cat commands or you
> simply write a client/server program using RFCOMM sockets.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Fikry,