2005-08-03 08:44:24

by Mohan K

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth dongle not working under extended USB2.0 host

Hi All,
We are using a VIA mother board with FC3(kernel2.6.12) installed. We
have extended one of the USB port using a USB controller.
When I plugged a mouse it is working fine. But if I plug and use a
bluetooth dongle it is not working. The kernel is detecting the USB.
I tried to use "hcitool scan",but it fails with an error message "No
route to host".

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Advanced thanks for your suggesti=
ons.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan

by Mohan K

Hi Fredy,

Thankyou for your mail.=20

There are two hcid drivers, i)uhci_hcd ii)ehci_hcd, right? I removed
ehcid_hcd module using "rmmod ehcid_hcd". Now its working.

I can't understand what is happening!:-( Can u tell me why this is happenin=
g?

Thanks & Regards,
Mohan

On 8/4/05, Fredy P <[email protected]> wrote:
> El mi=E9, 03-08-2005 a las 14:14 +0530, Mohan K escribi=F3:
> > Hi All,
> > We are using a VIA mother board with FC3(kernel2.6.12) installed. We
> > have extended one of the USB port using a USB controller.
> > When I plugged a mouse it is working fine. But if I plug and use a
> > bluetooth dongle it is not working. The kernel is detecting the USB.
> > I tried to use "hcitool scan",but it fails with an error message "No
> > route to host".
> >
> > Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Advanced thanks for your sugg=
estions.
>=20
> try restart the hotplug
> in debian is:
> /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
> >
> > Thanks & Regards,
> > Mohan

by digitalfredy

El mi=E9, 03-08-2005 a las 14:14 +0530, Mohan K escribi=F3:
> Hi All,
> We are using a VIA mother board with FC3(kernel2.6.12) installed. We
> have extended one of the USB port using a USB controller.
> When I plugged a mouse it is working fine. But if I plug and use a
> bluetooth dongle it is not working. The kernel is detecting the USB.
> I tried to use "hcitool scan",but it fails with an error message "No
> route to host".
>=20
> Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Advanced thanks for your sugges=
tions.

try restart the hotplug=20
in debian is:
/etc/init.d/hotplug restart
>=20
> Thanks & Regards,
> Mohan
>=20
>=20

by Mohan K

Note:
We have extended using a USB 2.0 hub. while connecting the bluetooth
USB dongle on the USB 2.0 hub, the device is getting detected but hci0
is not getting up. In hte kernel messages it is showing as follows:

usb 1-4.2: new full speed USB device using address 76
ehci_hcd 0000:00:10.3: qh cced8780 (#0) state 1
hci_usb_intr_rx_submit: hci0 intr rx submit failed urb c60a0bf4 err -28
hci_usb_intr_rx_submit: hci0 intr rx submit failed urb c60a0bf4 err -28

Please advice.

Thanks,
Mohan