2005-09-06 10:12:56

by Wauter

Subject: [Bluez-users] Mobi Bluetooth RC

Hello,

I hope it's not off topic here, but I thought some of you might be interested.

I've written a general purpose BT remote controll app, using the SonyEricsson
accessory feature. It searches for BT phones and, if found, loads a
configurable menu in it which allows you to perform certain actions (shell
commands).

Why?

I know there are several BT RC apps around, but most of them are built for a
particular job (e.g. to controll XMMS), and none of them suits my needs. I
use it mostly on a server in a different room to issue simple commands such
as to play music in the living room without having to boot another PC. I am
aware that this is a very specific application, but you may be able to find
different purposes ;-)

Where?

You may check it out at http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~bosmaw/mobi/

Comments/feedback are welcome :-)

Regards,
Wauter

by Wauter

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Mobi Bluetooth RC

> The most general purpose app would also be able to deal with AVRCP so
> headset buttons could be controllers too. It's just too bad only
> ericsson phones support the protocol you're using.

I certainly agree that AVRCP is very interesting, but unfortunately I don't
have a budget for hardware on this project so it's unlikely to be implemented
in the near future.

> I saw another project somewhere that was a symbian app on the phone and
> a custom daemon on the other side. It sounds like they can build some
> interesting menus/interfaces with it.

Bemused does this.

> The problem is you can't use any phone to do these things. bluetooth
> remote control would be very slick if every phone had it.

Sooner or later it will happen. For now, buy an SE :-)

Wauter

by digitalfredy

El mar, 06-09-2005 a las 12:12 +0200, [email protected] escribi=F3:
> Hello,
>=20
> I hope it's not off topic here, but I thought some of you might be intere=
sted.
Yes, it's a good off topic, i will try get time for try compile an use
BT remote.=20
>=20
> I've written a general purpose BT remote controll app, using the SonyEric=
sson=20
> accessory feature. It searches for BT phones and, if found, loads a=20
> configurable menu in it which allows you to perform certain actions (shel=
l=20
> commands).
>=20
> Why?
>=20
> I know there are several BT RC apps around, but most of them are built fo=
r a=20
> particular job (e.g. to controll XMMS), and none of them suits my needs. =
I=20
> use it mostly on a server in a different room to issue simple commands su=
ch=20
> as to play music in the living room without having to boot another PC. I =
am=20
> aware that this is a very specific application, but you may be able to fi=
nd=20
> different purposes ;-)
>=20
> Where?
>=20
> You may check it out at http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~bosmaw/mobi/
>=20
> Comments/feedback are welcome :-)
>=20
> Regards,
> Wauter
>=20
>=20

by Brad Midgley

Guys,

The most general purpose app would also be able to deal with AVRCP so
headset buttons could be controllers too. It's just too bad only
ericsson phones support the protocol you're using.

I saw another project somewhere that was a symbian app on the phone and
a custom daemon on the other side. It sounds like they can build some
interesting menus/interfaces with it.

The problem is you can't use any phone to do these things. bluetooth
remote control would be very slick if every phone had it.

Brad

Seba T. wrote:
> Dnia wtorek, 6 września 2005 12:12, [email protected] napisał:
>
>>I've written a general purpose BT remote controll app, using the
>>SonyEricsson accessory feature. It searches for BT phones and, if found,
>>loads a configurable menu in it which allows you to perform certain actions
>>(shell commands).
>>
>>You may check it out at http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~bosmaw/mobi/
>
> i made a gui for bluemote if u'd like to chack it see
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=23061

by Seba T.

Dnia wtorek, 6 wrze?nia 2005 12:12, [email protected] napisa?: