2005-09-08 12:57:30

by Charles Bueche

Subject: [Bluez-users] new Bluetooth mouse from Logitech

Hi,

Logitech has a new BT mouse on his US web page "Logitech=AE V270 Cordless
Optical Notebook Mouse for Bluetooth".

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3D2135,CONT=
ENTID=3D10916

It seems they have understand our needs and remade the MX900 with a
power switch (well, with less buttons than the MX900). Can't wait to get
my hands on it. I have gone back to cabled mouse for my laptop bag, as
the batteries of the MX900 weren't working long enough. A BUT mouse is
certainly more fun.

Charles

--=20
Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

by Charles Bueche

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] new Bluetooth mouse from Logitech

Hi Marcel,

On ven, 2005-09-09 at 01:11 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>=20
> > Logitech has a new BT mouse on his US web page "Logitech=AE V270 Cord=
less
> > Optical Notebook Mouse for Bluetooth".
> >=20
> > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3D2135,=
CONTENTID=3D10916
> >=20
> > It seems they have understand our needs and remade the MX900 with a
> > power switch (well, with less buttons than the MX900). Can't wait to =
get
> > my hands on it. I have gone back to cabled mouse for my laptop bag, a=
> > the batteries of the MX900 weren't working long enough. A BUT mouse i=
> > certainly more fun.
>=20
> I think they got too much complains from the laptop users. It is so
> stupid not to include a power switch. Even Apple did it right. However
> maybe the simply copied from the Microsoft mouse ;)

What I don't understand is how they reach 1 year battery time with the
2.4 GHz V2100 mouse and only 3-4 days with the MX900. Are the Bluetooth
chips so power hungry ?

> The more exiting news was the new Microsoft Natural keyboard in black. =
> know it has a cable, but I can't wait to get my hands on one these. Thi=
> maybe replaces my over twelve years old Natural Pro which got a little
> bit filthy over the years ;)

as swiss, I prefer to buy from Logitech. And I'm a bit inclined to think
that Microsoft has already enough money. Even if they might made great
hardware. I won't express myself on their software :-) The only good
part is Visio, and they didn't made it themselve. A bit off-topic.

Charles

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Charles,

> Logitech has a new BT mouse on his US web page "Logitech=C2=AE V270 Cor=
dless
> Optical Notebook Mouse for Bluetooth".
>=20
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=3D2135,CO=
NTENTID=3D10916
>=20
> It seems they have understand our needs and remade the MX900 with a
> power switch (well, with less buttons than the MX900). Can't wait to ge=
> my hands on it. I have gone back to cabled mouse for my laptop bag, as
> the batteries of the MX900 weren't working long enough. A BUT mouse is
> certainly more fun.

I think they got too much complains from the laptop users. It is so
stupid not to include a power switch. Even Apple did it right. However
maybe the simply copied from the Microsoft mouse ;)

The more exiting news was the new Microsoft Natural keyboard in black. I
know it has a cable, but I can't wait to get my hands on one these. This
maybe replaces my over twelve years old Natural Pro which got a little
bit filthy over the years ;)

Regards

Marcel