2005-10-19 15:32:53

by Stephen Crane

Subject: [Bluez-users] hciconfig inqmode

Hi,
Can anyone point me at a reasonably-priced dongle which supports
extended inquiry mode or inquiry with rssi?

Thanks,
Steve
--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2005-10-20 17:04:29

by Mitja Pufic

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hciconfig inqmode

Hello Marcel,

I am at Univeristy right now and I do not have dongle here, so I can not
hciconfig the anwser to you right now. :) But sadly it is still BlueCore02
chip, it looks like they just flashed and relabeled the old stock, but it has
its own listing on qualweb:
http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=2221

regards, Mitja

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Mitja,
>
> > Yes, DBT-122 is DBT-120 with firmware 18.2 wich is 1.2 capable.
>
> please check "hciconfig hci0 revision". Is this still a BlueCore02 or
> already a BlueCore3?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Mitja,

> Yes, DBT-122 is DBT-120 with firmware 18.2 wich is 1.2 capable.

please check "hciconfig hci0 revision". Is this still a BlueCore02 or
already a BlueCore3?

Regards

Marcel

by Mitja Pufic

Yes, DBT-122 is DBT-120 with firmware 18.2 wich is 1.2 capable.

regards, Mitja

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Steve,

> > > every CSR based Bluetooth 1.2 dongle would work fine. You can upgrade
> > > the D-Link DBT-120 with the Apple firmware.
> > >
> > > Don't get a Broadcom 1.2 dongle, because they don't support Inquiry with
> > > RSSI. The Silicon Wave is supported, but we needed a workaround, because
> > > they followed an old specification.
> >
> > Do you think the DBT-122 is just a DBT-120 with 1.2 firmware?
> > http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=125370
> >
> > It would save reflashing if it was.
>
> I have no idea actually. Give it a try and if it contains a CSR chip you
> are on the safe side.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Steve,

> > > Can anyone point me at a reasonably-priced dongle which supports
> > > extended inquiry mode or inquiry with rssi?
> >
> > every CSR based Bluetooth 1.2 dongle would work fine. You can upgrade
> > the D-Link DBT-120 with the Apple firmware.
> >
> > Don't get a Broadcom 1.2 dongle, because they don't support Inquiry with
> > RSSI. The Silicon Wave is supported, but we needed a workaround, because
> > they followed an old specification.
>
> Do you think the DBT-122 is just a DBT-120 with 1.2 firmware?
> http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=125370
>
> It would save reflashing if it was.

I have no idea actually. Give it a try and if it contains a CSR chip you
are on the safe side.

Regards

Marcel

by Stephen Crane

Hi Marcel,

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 00:52 +0200, Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> > Can anyone point me at a reasonably-priced dongle which supports
> > extended inquiry mode or inquiry with rssi?
>
> every CSR based Bluetooth 1.2 dongle would work fine. You can upgrade
> the D-Link DBT-120 with the Apple firmware.
>
> Don't get a Broadcom 1.2 dongle, because they don't support Inquiry with
> RSSI. The Silicon Wave is supported, but we needed a workaround, because
> they followed an old specification.

Do you think the DBT-122 is just a DBT-120 with 1.2 firmware?
http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=125370

It would save reflashing if it was.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Stephen Crane, Rococo Software Ltd. http://www.rococosoft.com
[email protected] +353-1-6601315 (ext 209)

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2005-10-19 22:52:53