2005-12-10 21:55:13

by Toni Fiz

Subject: [Bluez-users] Pair problems with nokia 6230

Hi

I have problems pairing this phone (nokia 6230) with my PC
I'm running ubuntu breezy (5.10) and other services like object push work
properly so I think the problem is not on the bluetooth devidce or the
phone.
Of course, I enter the same pin in the mobile that is in the 'pin' file, and
the hcid.conf security option is set to auto

Any idea?

Greetings from Spain

Attachments:
(No filename) (370.00 B)
(No filename) (403.00 B)

by Toni Fiz

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Pair problems with nokia 6230

This seems to work

Here it is the solution (tranlated from spanish)

- Create a text file with the PIN code in */etc/bluetooth/pin*
- Create the file /usr/local/bin/bluez-localpin with the content below

#!/bin/sh
echo "PIN":$(cat /etc/bluetooth/pin)

- Modify */*etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf in order to set this options

options {

autoinit yes;
security auto;
pairing multi;
pin_helper /usr/local/bin/bluez-localpin; #este no es el que
trae por defecto, ver arriba
}
device {
name "%h-%d";
class 0x3e0100;
iscan enable; pscan enable;
lm accept;
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

- Restart daemon

# /etc/init.d/bluez-utils restart

Attachments:
(No filename) (714.00 B)
(No filename) (1.37 kB)

by digitalfredy

El s=E1b, 10-12-2005 a las 22:55 +0100, Toni Fiz escribi=F3:
> Hi
>=20
> I have problems pairing this phone (nokia 6230) with my PC
> I'm running ubuntu breezy (5.10) and other services like object push
> work properly so I think the problem is not on the bluetooth devidce
> or the phone.=20
> Of course, I enter the same pin in the mobile that is in the 'pin'
> file, and the hcid.conf security option is set to auto
>=20
> Any idea?
>=20
> Greetings from Spain
Si hablas en espa=F1ol puedes revisar [1], yo soy el autor inicial del
libro y te puedo asegurar que en ubuntu es igual que en debian por que
yo lo he probado en ambos. Si puedes colaborar con la secc=F3n configurar
el tel=E9fono colocando la del nokia 6230 te lo agradecer=EDa.
[1]http://es.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hacks_para_Bluetooth_en_Linux
>=20

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Toni,

> I have problems pairing this phone (nokia 6230) with my PC
> I'm running ubuntu breezy (5.10) and other services like object push
> work properly so I think the problem is not on the bluetooth devidce
> or the phone.
> Of course, I enter the same pin in the mobile that is in the 'pin'
> file, and the hcid.conf security option is set to auto

run "hcidump -X -V" while you are trying and send in the output.

Regards

Marcel