2006-01-06 06:35:33

by ronny hidayat

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth settings in debian

Hi all,

I have Linux Debian 2.6, bluetooth & Bluez already installed.
But I don't know how to change setting for bluetooth (like friendly name & services).
How / Where can I find those settings ?

I want to make program like rfcomm server that can receive connection up to 7 client and then sending messages between them.
Does bluez support this ?
Maybe anyone has documentation or sample program for this ?

Thanks
Ronny

by digitalfredy

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth settings in debian

El vie, 06-01-2006 a las 10:09 +0000, ronny hidayat escribi=F3:
> Hello again,
> =20
> Do you know what command should I use to send/receive file via
> bluetooth ?
> Where should I put PIN number ?
The PIN number is in /etc/bluetooth/pin but if your pin_helper not read
it (it's the default in debian) you needs change your pin_helper
> Are there any documentation too ?
> =20
> Thanks
> Ronny
>=20
> Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Ronny,
> =20
> > I have Linux Debian 2.6, bluetooth & Bluez already
> installed.
> > But I don't know how to change setting for bluetooth (like
> friendly
> > name & services).
> > How / Where can I find those settings ?
> =20
> Look at /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf.
> =20
> > I want to make program like rfcomm server that can receive
> connection
> > up to 7 client and then sending messages between them.
> > Does bluez support this ?
> =20
> Yes.
> =20
> > Maybe anyone has documentation or sample program for t his ?
> =20
> Look at the source code of bluez-utils.
> =20
> Regards
> =20
> Marcel
> =20
>=20
> http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com=20
>=20

by ronny hidayat

Hello again,

Do you know what command should I use to send/receive file via bluetooth ?
Where should I put PIN number ?
Are there any documentation too ?

Thanks
Ronny

Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Ronny,

> I have Linux Debian 2.6, bluetooth & Bluez already installed.
> But I don't know how to change setting for bluetooth (like friendly
> name & services).
> How / Where can I find those settings ?

Look at /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf.

> I want to make program like rfcomm server that can receive connection
> up to 7 client and then sending messages between them.
> Does bluez support this ?

Yes.

> Maybe anyone has documentation or sample program for this ?

Look at the source code of bluez-utils.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ronny,

> I have Linux Debian 2.6, bluetooth & Bluez already installed.
> But I don't know how to change setting for bluetooth (like friendly
> name & services).
> How / Where can I find those settings ?

Look at /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf.

> I want to make program like rfcomm server that can receive connection
> up to 7 client and then sending messages between them.
> Does bluez support this ?

Yes.