2006-02-09 02:48:02

by Heba

Subject: [Bluez-users] Belkin F8T009 and Linux

I am developing an application for automatic network discovery using bluetooth
i.e. Running the application will result in connections to any other computers
running the same application:
- Each application is running a server which accepts connections (once a
connection is made, the connection is maintained until a transmission
error occcurs or the socket is closed by either party);
- and a client which repeatedly queries for bluetooth devices to connect to.

So in total an application makes and
maintains 2*(#other applications) connections.

This causes no problems when using the Belkin F8T003 Bluetooth USB Adaptor
(this is a bluetooth v1.1 compliant device).

However, when using the Belkin F8T009 Bluetooth USB Adaptor
(this is a bluetooth v1.2 compliant device)
"Device or Resource Busy" errors are observed
when the application tries to query
when there are 3 or more connections maintained by it.

Is this a bluetooth hardware issue,
a Bluez stack issue,
or does Bluez just not support this particular device??

I have installed all the latest versions:
- Bluez-lib
- Bluez-hcidump
I am running Fedora core 4 with the latest available updates of the kernel.

Please advise if I am overlooking something, or if this is not a Bluez issue,
could you please direct me to the appropriate contact.

Thanks
Heba

by Tamer Higazi

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Belkin F8T009 and Linux

Dear Heba!
Why don't you sniff the traffic by opening a 2nd shell, by writing:

hcidump -X -V

and post it in the news! Or try finding at bluez "docu" to find more
about the output, the shell would give you to analyze the problem at
all. The out put could tell much more...

Tamer