2006-04-29 15:33:57

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: [Bluez-users] Support for Logitech Wireless Music System

Hi,

Does anyone know if 'Logitech Wireless Music System for PC' [1] works
with the bluetooth-alsa project? From some googling it seems to use at
least A2DP (and maybe also AVRCP).

[1]
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2416,CONTENTID=10855

Thanks
Per Thomas Jahr

by Brad Midgley

Hi

> Does anyone know if 'Logitech Wireless Music System for PC' [1] works
> with the bluetooth-alsa project? From some googling it seems to use at
> least A2DP (and maybe also AVRCP).
>
> [1]
> http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2416,CONTENTID=10855

I haven't heard of anyone using it, but we've had good luck hooking up
with a2dp gear. We may need a tweak in the stream setup if they do
anything wacky but I suspect it will just work.

We only have test code for using avrcp, so some work remains to do
interesting controls with it.

If we could get it to receive from a linux machine running a2recv, I
would be very interested to see what the volume control sequences from
their gear look like.

Brad

by Per Thomas Jahr

On Sat, 2006-04-29 at 12:37 -0600, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Hi
>
> > Does anyone know if 'Logitech Wireless Music System for PC' [1] works
> > with the bluetooth-alsa project? From some googling it seems to use at
> > least A2DP (and maybe also AVRCP).
> >
> > [1]
> > http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2416,CONTENTID=10855
>
> I haven't heard of anyone using it, but we've had good luck hooking up
> with a2dp gear. We may need a tweak in the stream setup if they do
> anything wacky but I suspect it will just work.

Looks like it just works. Hardware.no has tested it with FC5 and it
seems to show itself as a sound card. Nice!

Sorry, only in Norwegian:
http://www.hardware.no/tester/lyd/logitech_wireless_music_system/26008/4

It also says they had problems with the dongle and the receiver loosing
contact with each other between uses. They had to press the connect
button on the dongle to get the connection up again.

--
Per Thomas