2006-05-19 11:08:41

by markusv

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluez service discovery

hi
I am trying to discover services on my cellular phone a Sony Ericsson k750
i. I am running ubuntu and the Bluez bluetooth protocol stack. I have
followed this example:
http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x601.html
I have ofcourse changed the bluetooth address and the uuid to match my
phone and service. But still my program finds no services on the phone??
What is wrong here? Anybody have some hints?

Thanks
Markus

by Albert Huang

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluez service discovery

Individual devices (e.g. phones) do not have UUIDs. Services do. If you're
implementing a Bluetooth profile, that profile should come with a
preassigned UUID. If you're creating your own custom service that's not
part of the Bluetooth profiles or specifications, make your own uuid with
uuidgen.

More generally, a UUID is a 128-bit identifier. Bluetooth has this notion
of 16-bit and 32-bit reserved UUIDs. These are really 128-bit UUIDs, but
with the lower 112/96 bits fixed to the Bluetooth Base UUID. If you find a
service with a 16-bit UUID (e.g. Serial Port Profile is 0x1101, then you may
need to convert it to the full 128-bit UUID.

-albert

On 5/23/06, Rajan Rengasamy <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Albert, if u dont mind me asking, would you be able to guide me on how
> i can get my phone's UUID? please thanks.
> i also have a k750.
>
> On Tuesday, May 23, 2006, at 07:54AM, Albert Huang <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> ><<Original Attached>>
>

> Rajan
> -------------
> Tat Twvam Asi
>

> If you're using a Bluetooth reserved UUID, make sure that you've correctly
> specified it by adding the Bluetooth Base UUID.
>
> -albert
>
> On 5/19/06, [email protected] <[email protected]>
> wrote:
> >

> > hi
> > I am trying to discover services on my cellular phone a Sony Ericsson
> > k750
> > i. I am running ubuntu and the Bluez bluetooth protocol stack. I have
> > followed this example:
> > http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x601.html
> > I have ofcourse changed the bluetooth address and the uuid to match my
> > phone and service. But still my program finds no services on the phone??
> > What is wrong here? Anybody have some hints?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Markus

> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
> > security?
> > easier
> > Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
> > Geronimo

(No filename) (2.29 kB)
(No filename) (3.78 kB)

by Rajan Rengasamy

Hi Albert, if u dont mind me asking, would you be able to guide me on how i can get my phone's UUID? please thanks.
i also have a k750.

On Tuesday, May 23, 2006, at 07:54AM, Albert Huang <[email protected]> wrote:

><<Original Attached>>

Rajan
-------------
Tat Twvam Asi

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.87 kB)

2006-05-22 21:53:19

by Albert Huang

wrote:

> hi
> I am trying to discover services on my cellular phone a Sony Ericsson k750
> i. I am running ubuntu and the Bluez bluetooth protocol stack. I have
> followed this example:
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x601.html
> I have ofcourse changed the bluetooth address and the uuid to match my
> phone and service. But still my program finds no services on the phone??
> What is wrong here? Anybody have some hints?
>
> Thanks
> Markus

(No filename) (1.20 kB)
(No filename) (1.87 kB)

by Charles Bueche

Hi,

My K700i didn't play nice with bluetooth, until I asked for a new
firmware, which fixed all the bugs I was aware off. You may want to ask
your vendor for an update.

I just got my W810i, didn't test at all yet.

Charles

On ven, 2006-05-19 at 14:17 +0200, rangzen wrote:
> Hello,
> I tried for months to have an HID connexion between my k750i and linux
> and ... I give up ... I can see services, connect but only one time :)
> If I want connect again, I need to reset the computer and the phone so
> it's not very usefull ...
> For files transfern no problem.
> Check your menu with "activate bluetooth", "hide the phone to other",
> etc. and try the program supplied by bluez first.
>
> 2006/5/19, [email protected] <[email protected]>:
> >
> > hi
> > I am trying to discover services on my cellular phone a Sony Ericsson k750
> > i. I am running ubuntu and the Bluez bluetooth protocol stack. I have
> > followed this example:
> > http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x601.html
> > I have ofcourse changed the bluetooth address and the uuid to match my
> > phone and service. But still my program finds no services on the phone??
> > What is wrong here? Anybody have some hints?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Markus

Charles Bueche <[email protected]>
sand, snow, wave, wind and net -surfer

by rangzen

Hello,
I tried for months to have an HID connexion between my k750i and linux
and ... I give up ... I can see services, connect but only one time :)
If I want connect again, I need to reset the computer and the phone so
it's not very usefull ...
For files transfern no problem.
Check your menu with "activate bluetooth", "hide the phone to other",
etc. and try the program supplied by bluez first.

2006/5/19, [email protected] <[email protected]>:

> hi
> I am trying to discover services on my cellular phone a Sony Ericsson k75=
0
> i. I am running ubuntu and the Bluez bluetooth protocol stack. I have
> followed this example:
> http://people.csail.mit.edu/albert/bluez-intro/x601.html
> I have ofcourse changed the bluetooth address and the uuid to match my
> phone and service. But still my program finds no services on the phone??
> What is wrong here? Anybody have some hints?
>
> Thanks
> Markus

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job ea=
sier
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronim=
> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=
=3D121642

--=20
libert=E9 - partage - respect