2006-05-29 19:26:41

by Brad Smith

Subject: [Bluez-users] DiNovo keyboard/mouse and FC5

Good day -

I have a Logitech dinovo keyboard and mouse combination that use
bluetooth. The computer is running FC5 (x86-64). The mouse and
keyboard will work briefly during boot, but stop working after boot is
complete.

I can get the mouse and keyboard to start working again if I unplug the
bluetooth receiver from the UBB port and then plug it back in. This
happens, naturally, every time I have to reboot (usually seldom).

Is there a way I can set up this system so that the mouse and keyboard
just work without having to manually unplug and plug in the USB
connector?

Thanks,

Brad Smith

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part
(No filename) (0.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] DiNovo keyboard/mouse and FC5

Hi Brad,

> I have a Logitech dinovo keyboard and mouse combination that use
> bluetooth. The computer is running FC5 (x86-64). The mouse and
> keyboard will work briefly during boot, but stop working after boot is
> complete.
>
> I can get the mouse and keyboard to start working again if I unplug the
> bluetooth receiver from the UBB port and then plug it back in. This
> happens, naturally, every time I have to reboot (usually seldom).
>
> Is there a way I can set up this system so that the mouse and keyboard
> just work without having to manually unplug and plug in the USB
> connector?

you can tweak the init scripts to not execute hid2hci and you dongle
will stay in HID proxy. Or you must run hidd in server mode and at least
connect once to your keyboard and mouse with hidd in client mode.

Regards

Marcel