2006-07-18 06:50:53

by Per Thomas Jahr

Subject: [Bluez-users] Is the CNET CBD-220 bluetooth adapter supported?

Hi,

I'm planning to get a new bluetooth adapter. Does anyone know if this
adapter is supported by bluez:

CBD-220 Bluetooth V2.0 USB Adapter
http://www.cnet.com.tw/product/cbd-220.htm

Thanks
--
Per Thomas

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Ulisses,

> > OK. So maybe the Epox BT-DG07A+ is a better choice then? I'm not sure it
> > uses bluecore4, but some googling suggests that. Am I correct?
>
> I'm not sure about this one, but I do know that an Epox BT-DG06+ has a
> CSR BlueCore4 chip (it's ROM and not External, though).
>
> # hciconfig hci0 revision
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:04:61:85:CA:73 ACL MTU: 384:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
> HCI 19.2
> Chip version: BlueCore4-ROM
> Max key size: 128 bit
> SCO mapping: HCI

the ROM chips are perfectly fine. The only disadvantage is that you
can't update their firmware.

Regards

Marcel

by Ulisses Furquim

Hi Per,

> OK. So maybe the Epox BT-DG07A+ is a better choice then? I'm not sure it
> uses bluecore4, but some googling suggests that. Am I correct?

I'm not sure about this one, but I do know that an Epox BT-DG06+ has a
CSR BlueCore4 chip (it's ROM and not External, though).

# hciconfig hci0 revision
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:04:61:85:CA:73 ACL MTU: 384:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
HCI 19.2
Chip version: BlueCore4-ROM
Max key size: 128 bit
SCO mapping: HCI