2006-09-16 14:05:36

by Pol Hallen

Subject: [Bluez-users] Problem send bt files

Hi all,

I installed bluez-utils (and relative dependence and programs) on my
debian stable (sarge):

ii bluez-firmware 1.0-2 Firmware for Bluetooth devices
ii bluez-hcidump 1.17-1sarge1 Analyses Bluetooth HCI packets
ii bluez-pin 0.25-1 Bluetooth PIN helper with D-BUS support
ii bluez-utils 2.15-1.1 Bluetooth tools and daemons

I do a paring from my mobile to my server and is it ok.

I try use obexftp to send a file to my mobile:

obexftp -v -b 00:12:62:E3:B1:DE -B 10 -p file.jpg

but I see:

Browsing 00:12:62:E3:B1:DE ...
Channel: 10
No custom transport
Connecting...bt: 1
done
Sending file.jpg... failed: file.jpg
Disconnetting...done

If i try send a file from my mobile to server (using obexserver) is it ok.

/etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf is whole commented, pin file contain only pin
code..

Here there is my config file:

/etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf

# HCId options
options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
#
security auto;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# PIN helper
pin_helper /usr/bin/bluez-pin;

# D-Bus PIN helper
dbus_pin_helper;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "%h-%d";

# Local device class
class 0x3e0100;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable; pscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
lm accept;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch
# hold - allow hold mode
# sniff - allow sniff mode
# park - allow park mode
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

# Authentication and Encryption (Security Mode 3)
#auth enable;
#encrypt enable;
}

I tried several different configs in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf and kill
hcid and restart, i also tried /etc/init.d/bluez-utils restart, i also
tried init 6 but nothing..

I don't understand why can't send any files from my server.. :-((

in /var/log/syslog I see:

hcid[26398]: link_key_request (sba=00:0F:3D:05:99:B7, dba=00:12:62:E3:B1:DE)

Can anyone help me pls?!
Thanks!

Pol

by Pol Hallen

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Problem send bt files

> try the oldstable version
> PD: in debian i use the obexftp in woody,sarge and etch, it work fine
>> Pol.
Sorry, could give me your bluetooth's config files?

/etc/bluetooth/* and /etc/default/

thanks!

Pol

by digitalfredy

El lun, 18-09-2006 a las 13:53 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> > You can get files from your movile?
> Yep without problems :-)
using obexftp? if yes you can try with other device? (for example a palm
or other phone)
> =

> Pol
> =

by digitalfredy

El lun, 18-09-2006 a las 13:54 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> > try manual download and install obexftp from testing =

> > (for install: #dpkg -i obexftp-XXXXX.deb
> > http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=3Dnames&=
subword=3D1&version=3Dall&release=3Dall&keywords=3Dobexftp&sourceid=3Dmozil=
la-search
> If i use debian stable and try to install a package from debian testing =

> there are many dependece's problems :-((

try the oldstable version
PD: in debian i use the obexftp in woody,sarge and etch, it work fine
> =

> Pol.
> =

by Pol Hallen

> try manual download and install obexftp from testing
> (for install: #dpkg -i obexftp-XXXXX.deb
> http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all&keywords=obexftp&sourceid=mozilla-search
If i use debian stable and try to install a package from debian testing
there are many dependece's problems :-((

Pol.

by Pol Hallen

> You can get files from your movile?
Yep without problems :-)

Pol

by digitalfredy

El s=E1b, 16-09-2006 a las 16:05 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> Hi all,
> =

> I installed bluez-utils (and relative dependence and programs) on my =

> debian stable (sarge):
> =

> ii bluez-firmware 1.0-2 Firmware for Bluetooth devices
> ii bluez-hcidump 1.17-1sarge1 Analyses Bluetooth HCI packets
> ii bluez-pin 0.25-1 Bluetooth PIN helper with D-BUS support
> ii bluez-utils 2.15-1.1 Bluetooth tools and daemons
> =

> I do a paring from my mobile to my server and is it ok.
> =

> I try use obexftp to send a file to my mobile:
> =

> obexftp -v -b 00:12:62:E3:B1:DE -B 10 -p file.jpg
You can get files from your movile?

by digitalfredy

El lun, 18-09-2006 a las 00:42 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> digitalfredy wrote:
> > El s=E1b, 16-09-2006 a las 20:26 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> >> Hi,
> >> i red your howto..
> >>
> >> i modified my hcid.conf but nothing..
> >> I have the same error..
> >>
> >> what i'll do?!
> > first: you can paring fine the debianbox and your movil?
> > try other version for obexftp
> >> thanks!
> I tried with kubuntu live and there aren't bluez packages :-(( but with =

> kdebluetooth is all ok :-)
> =

> I tried with debian testing (and another machine with debian sarge) but =

> I've same problem :-((((
> =

> Compiling last version of obexftp I have compile's error.. :-@
> =

> Which other packages should try?!
try manual download and install obexftp from testing =

(for install: #dpkg -i obexftp-XXXXX.deb
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=3Dnames&subw=
ord=3D1&version=3Dall&release=3Dall&keywords=3Dobexftp&sourceid=3Dmozilla-s=
earch
> =

> Thanks :-)
> =

> Pol
> =

by Pol Hallen

digitalfredy wrote:
> El s=E1b, 16-09-2006 a las 20:26 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
>>> you can review my doc in spanish, it is easy if you not speak spanish,
>>> read the comands.
>>> http://es.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hacks_para_Bluetooth_en_Linux
>> Hi,
>> i red your howto..
>>
>> i modified my hcid.conf but nothing..
>> I have the same error..
>>
>> what i'll do?!
> first: you can paring fine the debianbox and your movil?
> try other version for obexftp
>> thanks!
I tried with kubuntu live and there aren't bluez packages :-(( but with =

kdebluetooth is all ok :-)

I tried with debian testing (and another machine with debian sarge) but =

I've same problem :-((((

Compiling last version of obexftp I have compile's error.. :-@

Which other packages should try?!

Thanks :-)

Pol

by digitalfredy

El s=E1b, 16-09-2006 a las 20:26 +0200, Pol Hallen escribi=F3:
> >> Can anyone help me pls?!
> > you can review my doc in spanish, it is easy if you not speak spanish,
> > read the comands.
> > http://es.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hacks_para_Bluetooth_en_Linux
> Hi,
> i red your howto..
> =

> i modified my hcid.conf but nothing..
> I have the same error..
> =

> what i'll do?!
first: you can paring fine the debianbox and your movil?
try other version for obexftp
> =

> thanks!
> =

by Pol Hallen

> [...]

> code..
> =

> Here there is my config file:
> =

> /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
> =

> # HCId options
> options {
> # Automatically initialize new devices
> autoinit yes;
> =

> # Security Manager mode
> # none - Security manager disabled
> # auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
> # user - Always ask user for a PIN
> #
> security auto;
> =

> # Pairing mode
> # none - Pairing disabled
> # multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
> # once - Pair once and deny successive attempts

dbus_pin_helper; i have this line coment
> }
> =

> # Default settings for HCI devices
> device {
> # Local device name
> # %d - device id
> # %h - host name
> name "%h-%d";
> =

> =

> # Local device class
> class 0x3e0100;
> =

> # Default packet type
> #pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;
> =

> # Inquiry and Page scan
> iscan enable; pscan enable;
> =

> # Default link mode
> # none - no specific policy
> # accept - always accept incoming connections
> # master - become master on incoming connections,
> # deny role switch on outgoing connections
> lm accept;
> =

> # Default link policy
> # none - no specific policy
> # rswitch - allow role switch
> # hold - allow hold mode
> # sniff - allow sniff mode
> # park - allow park mode
> lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
> =

> # Authentication and Encryption (Security Mode 3)
> #auth enable;
> #encrypt enable;
> }
> =

> I tried several different configs in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf and kill =

> hcid and restart, i also tried /etc/init.d/bluez-utils restart, i also =

> tried init 6 but nothing..
my debian run obexftp in runlevel 2